Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

M&MBM

Bogus Officer

In the late 70s when Met Specials were trained to provide self-defence training to women, I taught a group in Paddington which included a lady in her 70s. She was a bit cautious at first but eventually got the hang of the very basic stuff we taught. About three months after the course ended, this "little old lady" was the victim of a mugging - however, she fought back and dislocated the scrote's shoulder (not one of our approved moves!) and he was captured by some nearby builders who, being liberal sorts, tried to render first-aid but, sadly, they only managed to break his collar bone ......... all-in-all he was lucky, Old Bill arrived just in the nick of time.

The moral of this story is - beware some old folks are dangerousWink

Too true OAH!

Some "old folk" are ex Police or forces, maybe retired, but still remember their training in Fujitsu and Origami!

Seriously, I hope he's soon caught - cowardly attacks.

Too true OAH!
Some "old folk" are ex Police or forces' date=' maybe retired, but still remember their training in Fujitsu and Origami!

[/quote']

Sorry I know this somewhat off-topic.

In the 1980's, there was a woman in her sixties who lived in Chiswick (west London). She was notorious for starting arguments & fights with men - and she always won.

During the 1950's she had worked as a secretary in the British embassy in Tokyo. At that time, because of a large number of sexual attacks, all female staff were required to train in Aikido, and she was very good at it.
Graham2007-12-10 08:40:42

Oh! Well, pull up a sandbag....

Quite a  considerable few years ago, police and store detectives were pursuing a shoplifter type of scrote through town. He'd made a break on the way to the police car.

Being young, athletic, and running for his freedom, he was clearly losing his pursuers, when he moved slightly to one side to dodge an old fellow who was tottering up the road towards him. As he went to pass the old chap, kapow! he was on his back in a dazed heap.

Turns out this old fellow had spent most of the war killing people with his bare hands. Indeed they can be dangerous.
Shootist2007-12-10 11:56:49

A quote from PC Bloggs.

"For those of you out there who are worried about bogus police officers and how to tell the difference, here's one tip: Ask them
about the recent pay rise. If they've stopped talking five minutes later they aren't a real police officer."

Says it all, really! LOL

In 1955, an 83 year old man was attacked by an 18 year old man with a knife on a street in Tokyo. The old man kicked him in the crutch & held him in an armlock until police arrived. The old man was Funakoshi Gichin, the founder of the Shotokan karate system.

My grandmother, bless her, got dipped a few years back. In response she took an old purse out with her, stuffed with old receipts and a loaded mouse trap. I remember her telling me she once felt a woman brush past her at Picadilly bus station on afternoon, she saw her get on the bus and bam, screaming and frantically shaking her right hand as she found the trap!!!! Genius!!!!LOLLOL 

My grandmother' date=' bless her, got dipped a few years back. In response she took an old purse out with her, stuffed with old receipts and a loaded mouse trap. I remember her telling me she once felt a woman brush past her at Picadilly bus station on afternoon, she saw her get on the bus and bam, screaming and frantically shaking her right hand as she found the trap!!!! Genius!!!!LOLLOL [/quote']

Gringo

I like your granny ......... I guess she ought to be on the GMP team - although she obviously would need to be tutored on the human rights of thievesLOLClap

Too true OAH!
Some "old folk" are ex Police or forces' date=' maybe retired, but still remember their training in Fujitsu and Origami!

[/quote']

Did you mean Jujitsu?

Jokes aside i bet this waste of life has done this numerous times before. I know a lot of elderly people are quite proud and i believe there must be numerous elderly victims who haven't reported it for this reason

UUmmmm it's a Police Play on Words or PUN. EG I'm trained in Origami and if you give me any lip I'll fold you into a paper hat etc.

Along the lines of swingin blue lamps & sandbags. We had a new DI arrive at Vine Street, which has a very strange layout, on way from the cells to the CID office a prisoner broke free, jumped the front counter, out the front door, turned SHARP LEFT and ran along the alleyway towards Regent Street. An old Special (and I mean OLD) heard the kerfuffle on the radio, saw a stranger in civvies being chased by uniforms, out of the nick, had a flashback to his heavyweight championship days in the army and promptly laid out the civvy. The MSC officer was puzzled that everyone kept running past the prisoner.

When he came round new DI was a bit miffed he'd been laid out by some one old enough to be his grand dadThumbs%20Up

Usually these claim to be from the utility companies. We alsways tell people to beware if they cannot see a van (the crook usually says it's parked around thecorner), but to never take the chain off the door and never let them in.

One enterprising crook has overcome that obstacle, and stolen an E-on (Powergen) van, which isprobably now parked outside an old person's home, whilst he is helping himself to their money and goods.

A couple of years ago two crims in police type uniforms, stopped several motorists on the A303 for speeding, and issued them with FPN, pay on the spot fines, all paid up because they were told at the time that they would not get points if they paid at the road side.  The Police sent out two plain cars to speed up and down this area hoping to get stopped. It worked, two days later the officers were stopped and issued with FPN, when they went to get their wallets out, handcuffs came out instead.  I don't know the outcome of the incident, anyone any knowledge.