Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Formyson

Arrested with no evidence

Hi.

I have had in the past many problems regards seeing my young son due to his mother/my ex.She has a personality disorder,drinks alot, has a vile angry temper,and has made many calls to the police claiming harassment.

During the last 3 years the situation has been much better than before and things for most of the time have been amicable.One or two calls to the police from her and also from me.

Last monday I went to her house to change a window handle which she had asked me to do by text on that day and I think also maybe by voicemail(Police have my phone).I went to her house in the evening and again she was drunk.I stayed 90 minutes trying to get her sober and to make sure she wasn't going to drink more.I left telling her I would come back in the morning.The next day after calling in on her house in the morning I rang her and left a voicemail again telling her she needs to sort her drinking or I will contact the police and social services. She rang me on my work landline and mobile screaming.I left the same message.

Last thursday the police rang and asked me to go to the station and that I could be there a long time.I knew they meant I would be arrested.I spent 10 hours in a cell and am out on bail.I was arrested because she claimed on the two occasions I went to her house I was not invited and forced my way in.I have good evidence for my defence.The text in the morning and possible voicemail asking me to fix the handle.I have a text from myself to my girlfriend sent on Tuesday saying that my ex was drunk last night.I have sent them a photo of tools that my ex gave me to fix the handle which I took home with me.I can't prove they belong to her.I have sent the investigating officer info about my ex and her crazy antics over the years.I have sent him a video and two audios which will leave him in no doubt she is off the scale. Her story is weak.She said I went to her house at 4.45pm and stayed 30 minutes.I infact was at work till 5,went to the gym then her house at 6.45 for around 90 minutes.

The only evidence they provided from my ex was my voicemail which is much stronger in my defence as I talk of her 'having to sort herself out' etc.They presented a non mol I was given around 5/6 years ago which infact should not have been issued to me as the Judge in court accepted an offer of an undertaking from me which I signed.No mention of a non mol in court.I appealed and was never given a proper answer.There are two PINS issued against me from around 7-8 years ago.Both are very weak and I have given the investigating officer details of these and the non mol.

There is no evidence I went to her house univited or that I even went there.If I can be arrested based on something my ex has told the police with no evidence then I am screwed for the future.Usually when she calls them they either ring me or visit me and just tell me to watch myself knowing that her behaviour has also been harassing.These reports she makes always follow problems caused relating to my son,my time with him and his well being.They know I am just a father trying to do his best for my son.I think I had the sympathy of the investigating officer and the PC who asked most of the questions.

My question is how is it I was arrested? Also,as they have my phone will they only be interested in texts relating to last week or will they look back further as the texts go back a long time and maybe they could pick some out that appear to be harassing and charge me for them?

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.