Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Silentwidow

Looking for officers based at Bradford Street, Birmingham circa 1980

Hello All

I'm looking for officers who were based at/out of Bradford Street in Birmingham in/around 1980.

I'm a Student Nurse, not a police officer, but both of my parents were serving officers there at that time and I'm trying to find one of them - my dad. My mum was a WPC who lived at the Bradford Street digs but was from Coventry. My dad is John Davies, a Detective with the SPG which is confusing as I thought they were Met only. He was based at/out of Bradford Street and I believe lived in Birmingham at the time as well. He played drums in a band with friends who had gigs in clubs around Birmingham. He was in his thirties at the time and would be in his 70's now so I am very aware that time may be running out to find him, if it hasn't already. 

I would be incredibly grateful if anyone has any information which could help me find him, give me any pointers for other places to look or, if they know him, point him in my direction with the hope that he will make contact.

Thank you. 

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Thanks, Fedster, I did read and appreciate your T&Cs before posting. I'm just hoping for a bit of help as I've hit a dead end.

Thank you, Techie, I'll get in touch.