Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

jmc195

No insurance- also Driving otherwise than in accordance ?

Hi,

if someone has a licence but is driving without third party insurance, would you also report them for driving otherwise than in accordance as well as no insurance or just for no insurance? I've heard differing stories. 

Much appreciated !

You may be getting confused. If it’s the other way round ie they have no licence then they would not be insured.

I think if you've never had a accident you should get a insurance rebate of all the insurance you've paid over the years when you hit a age your no longer fit to drive.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:06, Em88 said:

You may be getting confused. If it’s the other way round ie they have no licence then they would not be insured.

No, it is you who is confused. Motor insurance always includes the paragraph, "Providing the driver holds a current driving licence"

17 hours ago, IanJackson said:

I think if you've never had a accident you should get a insurance rebate of all the insurance you've paid over the years when you hit a age your no longer fit to drive.

I have know people who although they have not had an accident they have been responsible for causing many.

10 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

No, it is you who is confused. Motor insurance always includes the paragraph, "Providing the driver holds a current driving licence"

Correct. That’s what I said.

Sorry misunderstood from your first post.

On 02/07/2018 at 23:13, IanJackson said:

Who's asking about insurance rebate?

• Like 1

And all your house insurance back if you’ve never had a theft or flood or fire. And your pet insurance if they never needed treatment. And your critical illness insurance if you never get such an illness. And your life insurance if you never die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/07/2018 at 20:01, Reasonable Man said:

And all your house insurance back if you’ve never had a theft or flood or fire. And your pet insurance if they never needed treatment. And your critical illness insurance if you never get such an illness. And your life insurance if you never die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I view it as is wasted money put simply or pouring money down the drain.
Your purely paying for the "What-if" scenario I.E What if I crash into someone/something, What if someone crashes into me, What if I get struck by lighting rather than actually requiring it. 

If your investing/paying into a service/product (Insurance) which you may never need and believe me insurance isn't cheap my first year was £1k, then it dropped to £600, then to around £500... But now it has gone up to £680 since I have a new car. I believe it's a lot of money all in all especially if you've been paying insurance from 18-60. that's a lot of years of paying out and a heck of a lot of money invested into these services and sure it may only be £30/£40 after so many years but that's still £300/£400 a year.

I totally understand the point of well it's there if you ever need it. It's like Phone, Breakdown & House insurance as you mentioned (Although I would say Heath Insurance is completely different in this case) because we all die and our bodies shut down etc so I would say health insurance is a necessity. But;

Not everyone speeds
(Even if certain individuals do speed i'm sure there's more people who have been speeding and not caused a accident ever in their life rather than having a accident - I'm not exactly sure on the statistics but I would assume more would speed even if it's +1mph and never been caught or stopped - this includes 31 in a 30 or 21 in a 20 and so on).

Not everyone has accidents
(Even if a individual does have a accident say once in 30 years chances are they'll of paid more for the insurance overall compared to the actual car repair quotation).

If you drive a car you are required by law to hold 3rd party insurance, for which you pay. If you object to this then the answer is simple. Give up your licence, do not own a car and, don't drive,

1 hour ago, Zulu 22 said:

If you drive a car you are required by law to hold 3rd party insurance, for which you pay. If you object to this then the answer is simple. Give up your licence, do not own a car and, don't drive,

I hold a valid UK licence and a valid form of insurance and tax.

I do object and disprove however I still pay it (Unfortunately)
The reason for me paying it is been scared of what will happen if I don't rather than understanding the benefits. (Potential prison/loss of vehicle/fine)
Unfortunately the government make it difficult for people to have a view on certain topics I.E if you chose to speak in a court the fine can extend to a insane amount (According to the small print on a PCN/NIP) - It seems silly charging massive amounts of money to protest or have a opinion against something. (In turn it makes individuals afraid of protesting against a fine - almost to a point of accepting whatever it given to them in pure fear).

From multiple sources of research it appears that the public are scared of objecting or going to court and fighting things so they would rather pay a fine I.E Bus Lane, Speeding and accept said punishment - incase a bigger punishment is given.

Edited by IanJackson

1 hour ago, IanJackson said:

I hold a valid UK licence and a valid form of insurance and tax.

I do object and disprove however I still pay it (Unfortunately)
The reason for me paying it is been scared of what will happen if I don't rather than understanding the benefits. (Potential prison/loss of vehicle/fine)
Unfortunately the government make it difficult for people to have a view on certain topics I.E if you chose to speak in a court the fine can extend to a insane amount (According to the small print on a PCN/NIP) - It seems silly charging massive amounts of money to protest or have a opinion against something. (In turn it makes individuals afraid of protesting against a fine - almost to a point of accepting whatever it given to them in pure fear).

From multiple sources of research it appears that the public are scared of objecting or going to court and fighting things so they would rather pay a fine I.E Bus Lane, Speeding and accept said punishment - incase a bigger punishment is given.

Protesting your disapproval of the law is not the same as protesting your innocence with a valid defence to an alleged crime.

Anyone scared of the repercussions could be because they know, in their heart of hearts, they actually did go down the bus lane etc.

The law is the law, and as for the government making it difficult for people to have (maybe you mean express?) a view, you can always petition your MP. Try here for starters:

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

To be honest, I think you won't get much support for your belief structure on this forum.  Have you tried the freeMAN of the LAND movement? They seem to be more aligned to your views:

http://forum.fmotl.com

Edited by Billy Blue Tac

23 minutes ago, Billy Blue Tac said:

Protesting your disapproval of the law is not the same as protesting your innocence with a valid defence to an alleged crime.

Anyone scared of the repercussions could be because they know, in their heart of hearts, they actually did go down the bus lane etc.

The law is the law, and as for the government making it difficult for people to have (maybe you mean express?) a view, you can always petition your MP. Try here for starters:

To be honest, I think you won't get much support for your belief structure on this forum.  Have you tried the freeMAN of the LAND movement? They seem to be more aligned to your views:

He/she sounds as if they are fully aware of the Freeman of the Land movement complete with all it's selfish stupidity, with no legal standing. 

1 hour ago, Billy Blue Tac said:

People have been in trouble before for things they haven't done. Let's take a look at these questions.

- Do you ever think a innocent person has been sentenced to death for something they didn't nor was aware of even happening just simply wrong place at the wrong time.
- Do you think a innocent person has ever been set-up for any reason and wrongly punished.
- Do you think speed cameras have ever malfunctioned and flashed a innocent person (Interference through Radars, Bluetooth, Infrared, Wi-Fi and other radio waves) and a innocent person has had a ticket for something they didn't even done simply because of a computer error.
- Has a officer ever abused his power in a government role for his own personal gain

If one error has happened to a single human it means anyone can be set-up, innocent, wrongly prosecuted etc if one single person presents a flaw to a system and/or is even able to abuse a system it's not perfect meaning they'll always be imperfections, and failures in this system. If one person can beat a system anyone can, your next door neighbor, co-worker, shop owner, random person walking down the street etc. 

This is the issue with society at it's current state... You have to follow society and everyone else unless we single people out I.E if they do something out of the ordinary or think differently to the majority we may classify them as a Outcast or a Enemy or even Mental or may even assign someone a illness as a justification to a persons beliefs/views.

A classic example of this is the oldern myth (If it's true or not i'm unsure) what they say if people believed in witches or was speculated to be one you were burnt on a stick, a example of the fact you have to follow society.

I'm not Anti-Police and i'm sorry if I come across like that...

I just have a very unique way of thinking and I wouldn't say I follow the FreeMAN of the LAND movement as I have my own views on situations based on things that I have seen and read, however I do believe things need to be improved and if a system fails like above's description I believe the system should be re-created from the ground up to prevent that from happening again but probability and things been probable seems to take over if there's a 0.000000002% chance of something happening we won't do anything to prevent it as it's seen as impossible or unlikely but when it happens we are stuck.

Let's look at the odds of these;

- Do people win the lottery?
- Do people get struck by lightning?
- Do asteroids come to earth?

If you look at those other than the lottery one we don't actually have any defences in place for the average citizen for those. We just assume it'll never happen or be a one off and when it happens be shocked.

I'm not saying revoke the powers of the Police Force i'm more saying if a issue is identified as such people using police uniform create uniforms like bank notes that have unique and hard to replicate features that people can easily identify, if it's a holograph or whatever. Systems need to be designed to cope with the improbable and not just the likelihood of something happening.

Edited by IanJackson