Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Mattious84

Debt and passing the vetting

Hi,

I incurred a CCJ from an old debt I had. I tried to have it set a side by the court as I was unable to attend due to being deployed on exercise but wasn't successful.

I have though been lucky enough to be in a position where I now have paid all my defaults and outstanding debts and also paid my CCJ in full and have a certificate of satisfaction.

Question 1) The eligibility states that you can not have any "outstanding ccj's" is a paid and satisfied ccj still classed as 'outstanding'?

Question 2) with all my debt now paid in full and showing as satisfied on my credit report will this still prevent me from passing vetting?.

I'm still serving in the army and come early 2017 I'll be a service leaver on impeccable terms. Obviously with resettlement funds i hope to use them to pay for my level 3 certificate in policing. But I don't want to waste my funds on a course that will be worthless to me if I can't pass the vetting financial checks.

Many thanks.

Matt

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

From my memory so long as you're not bankrupt you should be OK as everything is resolved. You have nothing that could compromise you or motivate you to commit crime to clear debts.