Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Criminal+Justice/2014/Jul/30/Officer-charged-with-Azelle-Rodney-murder_84882.html

Lets all hope that there is good news for E7 at the end of this.

I bet Owers and the IPCC are loving every minute of this, they have got what they have been after for a long time.

I wonder how many FO's (including protection officers)will hand in their tickets as a show of support for E7.

I wonder if Michael Mansfield QC will volunteer his services for free to defend E7.(about a Cat in Hells chance as E7 isn't some toerag).

So is criminal use of firearms to be condoned by the authorities; seems so. :angry:

:angry: If the senior management of the British Police service had any balls at all, they would immediately withdraw all armed officers from their positions and return them to normal duties - including those on VIP and Diplomatic protection. The Royal Family could be adequately protected by RMP / SAS close protection teams and there would no chance of some poor officer being accused of murder.

E7 undertook his duty on the behalf of all citizens of the United Kingdom; therefore, we should all be joined in a criminal conspiracy to commit this alleged crime.

As an MOP, all I can say is "F#cking Outrageous!" :angry:  

• Like 2

A truly awful position for E7 and hopefully this politically driven prosecution will be quickly thrown out by a judge who is truly independent and not politically motivated. It will be interesting to see the CV of which ever judge is appointed. I can only echo the sentiments of others on here when fervently hoping that a significant number of FO's tear up their tickets in disgust. For our FO's at what point does the constant attack on general pay/conditions, combined with a rabid pre-occupation to convict an officer, reach breaking point?  

Feel really sorry for the officer involved he must be going through hell one earth. I for one would not want to carry a firearm and have that responsibility on my head, however I doubt few if any will hand in their tickets. 

If I was a firearms officer I would really have to seriously consider whether I wished to continue in that role, in the light of the decision to charge E7 with murder. I am as certain as In can be that he did not deliberately go out that fateful day to murder anyone and only discharged his weapon in the execution of what he saw as his duty. I agree with other posters that it certainly appears to be a political decision to charge him with murder and that he is a sacrificial lamb being prepared for slaughter.

The British Police Service has been treated abominably by this Government and officers appear to have been very passive and accepted being dumped on.  I have said for some time that bullies will always return to their victim if that victim fails to retaliate and this latest happening would appear to bear out what I have been saying in respect of the way HMG treats police officers. I can only hope that British Police officers, at all levels, now wake up and smell the coffee.  

I could be you next time.

• Like 1

Am I being paranoid when I suspect that the prosecution of E7 is announced the same day that James Leslie is convicted of attempting to murder one of our colleagues, in an attempt to deflect news away from the risk of firearms to officers. Let's hope the press give equal measure to both news items; I suspect they won't.

• Like 3

Another example of where those who have read some media articles apparently know more about a case than those who have spent months pouring over every shred of evidence in order to come to a decision.

Sent from me using Witchcraft

• Like 1

2006 CPS said No...... Labour Government said No to an enquiry

2012 Conservative Government says Yes to an enquiry

2014 CPS says Yes to charge

Role on 2015 to election time!!

RM may have a point in that we don't have all the facts, however I can't see how any AFO can continue in post knowing that they might very well be charged with murder for the sake of a human error.

I would be very interested in the reaction of Londoners if all Met AFOs now handed in their tickets.

I hope that every serving Police Officer in the MPS holding a Firearms Licence seriously considers handing in their permit.This case has been chased though every possible Court until the PC result has been found. Unfortunately, there are too many prepared to hold the permit for lots of overtime. We need to use these type of instances to let the Government know how they need us, NOT the other way round. I know for a fact two things:1. I will never hold a firearms licence of any type whatsoever as I believe the CPS/IPCC are looking for a scapegoat as a test-case for "Police murder" . 2. As an advanced driver if I ever incur any penalty on my personal driving licence as a result of offering it for use as a Police Officer I will be walking/cycling for the rest of my service (with appropriate response times)

Are there any AFOs on this forum (or former ones)? I would love to hear their views. The fed should also be issuing them with immediate, updated guidance. I hope E7 is still entitled to support for his defence.

And yes, I think the government will also be looking for a police murder conviction as another stick to beat us with.

Edited by mummypatrol
  • Like 2

As this is going to court this is subjudicy and forum members are reminded to refrain from making sweeping statements. Thank you.