Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

cheese_puff

Nigel Farage on LBC

Not even bothered to watch/listen. Will be voting UKIP simply because they are the party to hurt the Tory filth the most. 

• Like 2

Not even bothered to watch/listen. Will be voting UKIP simply because they are the party to hurt the Tory filth the most.

Damned right. My enemies enemy is my friend.

As some will know I have just returned from holiday inn the Isle of Wight, and the UKIP banners are all over the place. It is as if the other parties in the EU Elections didn't exist.

Or that UKIP have a huge amount of money to spend on posters etc that the other parties don't have.

Personally I think it is a tactic they are using to maximise their chances of appearing to be popular hoping to carry that through to next year. Meanwhile the parties that actually stand a chance of forming the next Government are saving their money to spend on the more important campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presumably you're ok with racism then.

And I would have thought that a vote for Labour would hurt the Tories most?

Depends on what you consider racism; it's a very subjective matter. Personally I consider BNP racist and wouldn't vote for them, UKIP I don't consider racist, I suppose I must be right as that is borne out by the legal position as it is improper for police officers to have anything to do with BNP but there are no restrictions on UKIP. As for labour they don't register around my way so it would be a wasted vote. If labour were the second party in my area (local and general elections) I would be voting for them. As it happens I despise the corrupt EU with a passion so would be voting UKIP in the Euros regardless.  

anticondem, interesting that you say that, it's precisely how I feel. Just to reiterate, I too think it's just about the only party to give Cameron (small c deliberate) a kick up the a**e.

I heard this debate being discussed in a pub yesterday by a groupof men who, like most Scots, are  traditional Labour voters. They agreed with everything Farage said and, to be honest, I haven't encountered anyone who disagrees with him, although few of the the individuals concerned will vote UKIP.

So far as racisim is concerned, I think just about everyone I have ever met has an element of racism in their personality. It's really just a matter of degree and what one describes as racism.

If it is racist to believe the UK should tighten up its Immigration legislation then I'm a racist along with many millions of other individuals of all political opinions. 

• Like 2

No, but it's racist to suggest that Romanians living next door to you are less human beings than Germans ( just because Farage is married to one). And that's what Farage clearly stated when pushed by the interviewer. He showed his true colours - a pompous, frankly irrelevant man who, although will do well next week, will never be in Govt.

Edited by plasma

I agree that Farage is a pompous irrelevant man but I like to be fair to everyone and he was set up with this question. He should have been better at answering but I think pretty much everyone would be concerned if a group of Romanian men moved in next door, I would. Not because they are Romanian but because they were a group of men, which is more likely to be concerning to me than a family as neighbours.

Why did the interviewer not phrase the question, 'would you be more concerned if a Romanian family moved in next door than a British family?' That would have been a fair question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I thought the interview lifted the lid on him somewhat. I see UKIP as a scaremongering party who offer nothing but negativity. Plus what are their other policies? 'Get out of Europe' tells me nothing of how they will manage health/education/etc etc.

I heard a quote recently that summed it up for me. Ukip is a protest vote. Its akin to not being happy with your hotel so you take a dump on the bed out of protest. You then realise you're not checking out of that room for another week!

• Like 2