Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
IveToldYouOnce

Fracking (or not)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-23515012

There's a company about to drill for oil.  That's what their licence grants them.

The protesters are protesting about fracking - which the company don't have a licence for yet, and haven't even applied for.

I think it's marvellous that those protester's employers have given them the time off to protest.

• Like 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-23515012

There's a company about to drill for oil. That's what their licence grants them.

The protesters are protesting about fracking - which the company don't have a licence for yet, and haven't even applied for.

I think it's marvellous that those protester's employers have given them the time off to protest.

Employer!,the great unwashed have employers,err.
  • Like 1

There is a photograph of Mick Jaggers daughter in the article, Jeeez she looks as old as him and just as ugly

• Like 1

They can frack all they want , apparently there's no one up here in the North anyway !!

I loved the bit where a reported asked a female protester what fracking was, she replied, ''I* don't know, I'm just here because it is wrong and dangerous, it could cause an earthquake''.  He asked her who told her that, she replied,

''My boyfriend her is a Zoologist he knows all about it''.

• Like 3

Cuadrilla are awesomely brave choosing a company name which sounds like an earth-destroying, science fiction monster. I wonder who does their PR?

• Like 3

There is a photograph of Mick Jaggers daughter in the article, Jeeez she looks as old as him and just as ugly

...I think you'll find that's his ex Bianca...

The protesters and the Lord Howell do not clearly understand the principals behind what is happening. Gas producing shale is not everywhere underground and there is no indication that there is any in Sussex. There has been oil exploration before in Sussex, not a hundred miles from Chichester, so that is nothing new. The quantities I believe are/were only just viable.

It is not helped by one of the links stating that they are to search for Shale gas near Balcome, all from the Ministry of Miss-information

As for the noble Lord Howell, he has made it abundantly clearl he does not know the north. Plenty of good solid rock and there are not many folk (I like it that way) but there is nothing to say that oil or gas is there in any quantity to be grabbed.

Lord Howell is the father in law of George Osbourne. You can imagine the conversations around their dinner table. No wonder the North is in such a state when you have people like this making decisions on their future. They probably think the North is still full of coal mines, ship yards and everybody has a whippet and wears a cloth, flat cap.

Complete ignorance on his part. The North is the best part of the country. It is scenic, cultured and the people are the most welcoming you will ever come across.

• Like 3

Lord Howell is the father in law of George Osbourne. You can imagine the conversations around their dinner table. No wonder the North is in such a state when you have people like this making decisions on their future. They probably think the North is still full of coal mines, ship yards and everybody has a whippet and wears a cloth, flat cap.

Complete ignorance on his part. The North is the best part of the country. It is scenic, cultured and the people are the most welcoming you will ever come across.

...I'll second that..!

Well I wear a flat cap, race me whippet and race me pigeons. Me whippet loves to share me tripe, honeycomb and elder. My extended family have had loads of Miners and Shipwrights. In't pub darts and bones, nowt better. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention the ferrets. :blush:

...she was quite fit in her day...

Do you mean a 3 pints of Special Brew and a whiskey chaser type of fit? Or even a paper bag type of fit?

Sign in to follow this