Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
M&MBM

Virtual Book launch

Book Launch Invite

You are cordially invited to my virtual book launch weekend of 13th January 2012 to 15th January 2012, where I will be launching my full length crime novel set in Essex, “Death in Spigg’s Wood” and my anthology of short stories, “Wargeld & Other Stories”. This is a collection of some of my favourite short stories, including Wargeld, which was Highly Commended in The Yellow Room Competition Spring 2010

During the weekend “Wargeld & Other Stories” will be free to download.

Linda Gruchy on Facebook

Death in Spigg’s Wood by Linda Gruchy

Wargeld & Other Stories by Linda Gruchy

Linda Gruchy’s Essex Murder Mysteries Blog

• Like 1

Any sign of Gladiator School, M?

My agent is still dealing with that one.

I've just started reading Death in Sprigg's Wood and it's a cracking read.

Have posted a link on my Facebook telling everyone to download it. :D

Fingers crossed for Gladiator School - it's very rare that I read a manuscript that is so good that I find it impossible to put down (unless I have a deadline to meet!)

• Like 2

Thanks Scoop. I take it the assignment is finished?

My agent wanted additions after you read GS, which I did, and now I don't know where I am with it. I fear she might want even more tweaks (she's very exacting) but she might have sent it out already. Fingers crossed for it because I have a real soft spot for it.

I feel a bit mean doing a virtual book launch, because there are no nibbles or booze. But at least there's the anthology Wargeld & Other Stories for free during the weekend. 13th to 15th Not before. Two people have downloaded it already. which is kind of them but I hope they didn't think it was free today.

Someone spotted 2 typos in Spigg's Wood. (Those of you who know my typing may think this miraculously few).

Thanks ITYO.

My agent wanted additions after you read GS, which I did, and now I don't know where I am with it. I fear she might want even more tweaks (she's very exacting) but she might have sent it out already. Fingers crossed for it because I have a real soft spot for it.

I feel a bit mean doing a virtual book launch, because there are no nibbles or booze. But at least there's the anthology Wargeld & Other Stories for free during the weekend. 13th to 15th Not before. Two people have downloaded it already. which is kind of them but I hope they didn't think it was free today.

Someone spotted 2 typos in Spigg's Wood. (Those of you who know my typing may think this miraculously few).

Thanks ITYO.

It should have been Spriggs Word? :o

As you know, M, Gladiator School is my absolute favourite. I seldom read novels but this is one of the exceptions.

I'd really like to see Gladiator School on my real bookshelf, published by a mainstream publisher. Mind you, I'd like to have real copies of all my stuff because there's nothing like the feel of a book. On the other hand, I'm not sure I could bear to read them because I have read them so many times. It would also vindicate my agent's faith in my writing.

Oh yes thank goodness.

Unfortunately got another one due in beginning of February!

No rest for the wicked.

Guest baby elephant

M. What with this new book and its launch,will you be rich and famous ? and will we be able to ask you for your autograph now ?

M. What with this new book and its launch,will you be rich and famous ? and will we be able to ask you for your autograph now ?

Yes and Yes. You can always ask for an autograph but it is costly. ;)

BE Here's my author page. http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B006VC6H4O

The reason it's a virtual book launch is it's virtual books. At the weekend Wargeld & other Stories is scheduled to be on free promotion ie it will be free to download. Yoyu don't need a Kindle to read it as you can download the apps for PC etc. The more who download it, the better my profile is raised because i will go up the Amazon rankings. This in turn will bring me to the attention of readers who don't knwo me. So please, everyone, download Wargeld at the weekend if you can, but only if it's marked "free" rather than 77p. I've had one good review so far for Wargeld, and several for Death in Spigg's Wood. (Which won't be free but is still a snip at £2.

My book launch will be on my author page and FB page.

At some point today Wargeld & Other Stories is supposed to go on promotion and be free to download, but I'm not sure of the time as it's Pacific Standard Time or something, and there can sometimes be a lag before it kicks in... apparently.

I'm also not that confident in the KDP technology actually doing this until I have seen for myself.

When it does go free-to-download the more people who download it, the better for me as it should push my Amazon Ranking for the book up and get me noticed.

That's the theory, anyway.

You can tell i'm really confident, can't you.

I'm going to have a virtual presence on my Author sites at various times during the book launch weekend, but \i'm not chaining myself to the computer.

I'll be on the US Author Page as well as my Amazon page in the UK

• Like 1

Aggggh, it's still not marked as free yet someone has bought one. They'll feel cheated.

Sign in to follow this