We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk


Resident Members
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About nightman

  • Rank
    Forum Member
  1. nightman

    Police IOD Pension

    Hello, I'm new to the forum so please forgive any faux pas. I am receiving an injury on duty pension having been medically retired in 2003. I recently received a letter from pensions branch seeking clarification as to which benefits I was receiving. I had been receiving Incapacity benefit from 2002-2004, however I came off that benefit when I took on some voluntary work (receiving mileage only), but it was work and I did not want to fall foul of the benefits police! Having informed pensions branch of this, they stated that my IOD had been reduced as I had not forwarded a letter from my accountant, nor had I provided them with a 'reason' for coming off Incapacity Benefit in 2004. I later found a 'soft' job in 2005 and I do have documentation from the DSS and my current employer. My question is this; am I entitled to any rebate? I would be grateful for any advice on this. Many thanks, Nightman.