We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk


Member (Bronze)
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Johno3378

  • Rank
    Forum Member

Recent Profile Visitors

218 profile views
  1. Hi Can anyone help me with this one please as I cannot find a definitive answer Is it possible to claim an IOD award if you retire normally after 30 years as I have been deemed permanently disabled by the SMP but have unfortunately been retained by the Chief. I have almost 29 years service so I will have to stick it out and suffer with the injury along with other medical conditions for another year if necessary but wanted to know if anyone knew whether once retired normally and not medically that I could claim for the IOD ? I know that I can retire now and get an immediate pension due to being deemed permanently disabled but this is obviously without The ill health enhancement and I can only take a 2.25 commutation, but I would like to know where I stand in respect of the IOD award as I don't want to lose out on this , so would like any advice please from the wealth of knowledge this forum has been to me. Thank you in anticipation
  2. Johno3378

    Judges win pension case

    Muay Can I ask you please, how you went about getting the deferred pension, as I too have been deemed permanently disabled by the SMP but retained by the Chief, so I asked the pensions department for a forecast for the deferred pension on the grounds of permanent disability but they said that I have to resign first then apply for the deferred pension. This involves being referred back to the SMP which firstly has to be agreed by the Chief and then when you get the certificate (which is a different one to the permanency one I already have ?) The Chief then has to agree for you to receive the deferred pension !! ( Federation are looking into this ) So I could resign and then the Chief could refuse to refer me back to the SMP or he could refer me, as he did for the ill health retirement process and then retained me, and then refuse me for the deferred pension !! As I am 48 I would be out of work and unable to draw the pension until I was 50, so I would appreciate it if you could tell me if that's The process you had to go through ? If you can pm me the answer that will be good as i am unable to send you a pm but I have received pms from another person and have then been able to reply to them through it Thank you
  3. Johno3378

    Ill health Pension 24 years Service

    Got it - thanks very much sound advice again cheers
  4. Johno3378

    Ill health Pension 24 years Service

    I just wanted to say - Thank you so much to retireandhappy for some really useful advice - what a knowledgeable friendly and helpful guy. I would definitely recommend anyone in need of advice re pensions to speak to him as he has helped me immensely- far more than my own Force and Federation. Thanks again I appreciate your help.
  5. Johno3378

    Ill health Pension 24 years Service

    Hi can I please contact " retired and happy " by personal messages, if possible, as I am suffering a similar problem, however, the difference being that I have been deemed permanently disabled by the SMP but have been retained by the Chief and there is no recourse to this and I am really struggling to cope so would like some advice please
  6. Johno3378

    Judges win pension case

    Hi I am suffering the same kind of treatment as you have with my force HR now, so any advice you have will be great. I have oestoartritis in my neck and knees and fibromyalgia which is debilitating, the SMP deemed me permanently disabled with both conditions however the force have made the decision to retain me. I can not carry on to be honest so can you point me in the right direction as to the regulations about resigning and getting an immediate pension please and what the solicitors views are on your claim etc ? Thanks in advance