minidude7

Haircut / Style

I know this might sound a bit weird question for someone to ask, but i'm currently applying for a position as Police Officer in the Essex Police but I have mid-length hair (Jack Black length), not short, but not really a great length. Is there any sort of code to say that i'm going to have to get my hair cut shorter or can anyone have it any length they like??

My god I sound like a right poof!! Any help?

Minidude,

Its been a while since I read them but I think regs state that you have to have tidy hair that is off your collor - but I can't remember exactly.

I have mine cut very short, but its easier that way on early turns LOL

It should mention in your pack somewhere about appearance and that will cover things like hair.

Good luck with your application

Minidude7 Ask yourself this! If you were to be a Police officer do you feel it would look smart with long (ish) hair, hanging over your white shirt.....Exactly NO

Better get used to not using words such as 'poof' me old china' date=' you might have a very short career![/quote'] LOLLOL Would love to be a fly on the wall when he/she is on their diversity courseLOLLOL

May I suggest for sir some layers, maybe a touch of colour, volumising and blow drying, oh and something for the weekend???LOLWink

Seriously though, generally "neat and tidy" in an old timers sense, off the collar is still in the regs.. 

No problemo, as long as the hair is neat n tidy. With the roots done, the correct colour for the face shape so the cheek bones are enhanced and to highlight the smouldering eyes...

Sorry popped into camp coiffuer mode then.. and its not even ThursdayWinkLOL

Just go into the Barbers and ask for a NUMBER 1' date=' you will look smart then.[/quote']

Start with 1 1/2 first. Evil%20Smile

I had a mate who had hair which was a lot shorter than what you are describing... the result... he was told on our first day at training...

Get that hair cut son!

So there you go.

When I joined (and several here will remember something similar) we had to visit the training school barber on day one. He would ask everyone what they wanted but it made no difference; everyone was given the same haircut.

There are 35 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE