Sign in to follow this  
Ryan W

A Very Worried Newbie

Hiya everyone!

First off I would like to thank you in advance for making me feel welcome on here. My name is Ryan, I am 16 and live in Lancashire. I am not like my friends in many ways, I want to do something with my life and I want to help others instead of causing problems by drinking on the streets etc. I have nearly finished high school and plan to get a job in a small shop working behind the counter to gain experience of dealing with the public.

I am currently applying to be a Community Volunteer with Lancashire Constabulary. It is not this I am worried about.

After doing a few years as a volunteer I wish to become a Community Support Officer but the following things worry me with regards to vetting:

1) My father has a record for assualt and battery which was 10 years ago, I know little information on this...

2) My stepfather has a record for assault on police, basicaly he was

caught in the middle of a large fight on a stand at a football match,

where someone grabbed him from his neck and dragged him back. As he

thought he was being subject to an attack he elbowed whoever it was

behind him in the face........turns out to be a PC

I have no criminal record and intend to keep it that way, so I am very

worried about being subject to failure becuase of other peoples silly

actions...

I am a enthusiastic lad with a passion to join the police service and I have done one weeks voluntary work experience with the British Transport Police, and have also been an observer on the night shift with Lancashire Constabulary.

Please can you help me with any tips and any experiences of the above you may have.

All the best

RyanTongue

Ryan you can't be held to account for the actions of others.

It sounds to me that you are a very level young man and already know your direction.

I don't think it would do you any harm to speak to recruitment for advice as you seem to be able to put yourself across quite well.

You could write to them or even the chief constable as I am sure they would be refreshed to hear from someone your age with a plan of where He is going in life.

Thank you as I enjoyed reading your post,

Best of luck.
dangermouse2007-04-06 18:04:05

Also if you don't get the number of replies this deserves repost it in general recruitment, I know its a bit naughty but the mods will move it to the best place anyway.

Their spot on on here

Hi Dangermouse,

I have looked all over Lancashire Constabulary's website and cannot find an postal/email address for the Chief Constable. Would HR give me his email address/office address?

Ryan

The Lancashire Constabulary "Contact Us" page lists the Headquarters address as:-

Lancashire Constabulary Headquarters,

PO Box 77,

Hutton,

Preston,

Lancashire,

PR4 5SB.

To send mail to the Chief Constable just address it to him (or just put "Chief Constable") at the above address.

The e-mail address is lancashirepolice@lancashire.pnn.police.uk (just follow the e-mail us link in the above page).

The Chief Constable is Steve Finnigan.

You weren't considering CID, were you?WinkLOL

I shouldn't have thought that your families background will have too much of a bearing on your recruitment. I know people in the job who themselves have had brushings with the law in the past before they joined and they still got in.

I think its great that you have decided to do this at your age. I wish you all the best with it.

Sign in to follow this