Sweetthings

Criminal record but not mine!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and in need of some advice. I am applying to be a PCSO. On the application it requests all details of family and your spouse's family. My half sister has a criminal record. Will this effect my

application??

I'm so worried about it.

I don't talk to my her and live 150 miles from her.

Please help me :-(

Cheers

Im not totally sure mate. I live in a shared house with three school mates. One has a drink driving conviction, and another has two Drunk and disorderlies and they let me in. I wouldnt have thought it will matter as long as you obviously disclose she has convictions on your secruity clearance form.

Good Luck

I'm moving this to the Security Checks thread.  However as above you need to put on that additional note and specifically say that you have no contact with her, give an approximate amount of time you have had no contact if you can, and also declare that she lives 150 miles away.

sweetthings,

Honesty is the best policy as the subject may come up at a latter date.

As Salsoul says a honest letter may be the best way of broching the subject or you could even try speaking to the recruitment department as they are usually quite helpfull, it probably wont be anything in their experience they havent heard before and may also put your mind at rest.

Good luck!