andrew_jm

Met Police Section Houses

Hi guys not sure if this is the right place for this so sorry if its in the wrong thread.

Just wondered if anyone knows about the section houses that the met have in london? Specificaly what they are like room wise?

regards

andy

Basic is probably the best description of the one I stayed in once.

They have a bed, a table, a wardrobe and if you are lucky, a sink.

I did my training at Ryton and the rooms there were similar to Section House rooms, except smaller.

Hi guys not sure if this is the right place for this so sorry if its in the wrong thread.

Just wondered if anyone knows about the section houses that the met have in london? Specificaly what they are like room wise?

regards

andy
If the ones I have stayed in are anything to go by, generally they are crap. Unable to lock doors, curtains non existant, wash basin with no plug, sheets with holes in, that  was at Putney, which I have not used since 1998, things could have improved. 

I still live in Brentford section house after 4 years. Its comfortable, large bed, broadband and telephone line, fridge freezer etc.  I have spent a little money on mine to get it that way but I more than make make up for it in the amount I would save on bills, council tax and rent.  However all the residents were sent letters last year stating their intention to close all section houses to save money.

I still live in Brentford section house after 4 years.

Is that bloody church clock still as loud as I remember it being???!!!

I only stayed at Brentford once in 1980, for a court case, the warden had an interesting way on ensuring you got up. He would put on the lights, put the plug in the sink, move the chair holding your clothes under the sink and leave. There never seemed to be any hangers in the temporary rooms we could book. A colleague had the same scenario a few weeks later.LOL

Sections Houses ... And how many stories could we tell, but for Slander,Libel & the truth coming out.  

Quality living (If  spent a few quid) and very few bills.

Mine used to be Nightengale Lane on the edge of Clapham Common, South Circular, Northern Line and many wateing holes nearby.

Anyone down there know if the Pitcher and Piano is still there.  (Great place met my wife there)

Does anybody know what they are like now? Do they have any gyms in the buildings or anything like that? Anyone got any pics?

Alas I think mostly all the section houses have closed.  I know the ones at Limehouse are now Locker rooms.

Having said that I don't think anyone would have any objection if you brought a sleeping bag and spent the night on the floor. 

But don't quote me.

I still live in Brentford section house after 4 years. Its comfortable' date=' large bed, broadband and telephone line, fridge freezer etc.  I have spent a little money on mine to get it that way but I more than make make up for it in the amount I would save on bills, council tax and rent.  However all the residents were sent letters last year stating their intention to close all section houses to save money. [/quote']

Sure you talking about Brentford??

You must have spent a small fortune on your room, cause it doesn't sound like the "standard" Brentford section room. Small uncomfy beds, minimalistic rooms and a dirty fridge is how I remember it. Not to mention the 9/11- feeling when the planes are flying over the building, about an inch over the satellite dish on the roof. Is it still there by the way?

I know that Paddington , Heathrow and Gilmour section houses are still going . I lived in Gilmour (Kennington) for 12 months in the late 90's . At that time it was OK but I believe it has been "tarted up" since then . The rooms are pretty small but most people add their own home comforts and at least they get cleaned regularly . I think Gilmour had a basement gym with some dilapadated rowing machines etc but Holmes Place it was'nt !

What about Marylebone is that still going , when they closed Trenchard down just as I left , they moved everyone to Marylebone.Trenchard still stands empty and unused as far as I am aware. As for cleaning rooms that stopped years ago , we had to do it ourselves;Smile

The Met PSD (Property Services) closed down the Section House joining Marylebone (DM) in the late 1990's...They tried to sell it as office space until they realised that there was a restriction on the property forbidding any use except for police accomodation.......Not sure if the Met have brought it out of mothballs...but Trenchard was sold to a private developer as was the Female Section House just off the Old Marylebone Road,which are now luxury flats.

I braved the Kentish Town Section House for 15 months, it had an ensuite (otherwise known as a sink) and a filthy kitchen on each floor. The heating worked primarily only in the month of summer and the single bed was shot to pieces (too much action seen). Sleeping was difficult due to sirens going off at all times of the day and night and all the exercise machines were bust downstairs and the property services said that they weren't going to replace them

There are 9 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE