Recommended Posts

What else can I do? Please help/advise

I live in a terraced house with my wife and two children aged 7 and 11.

We have lived were we do for some time but recently (months) had a new neighbour move in who from day one has been an utter nightmare. 

She is mostly nocturnal, and is awake most nights right through playing loud extremely basey music. The music is irritating not only us but the other side of her and neighbours over the road who have even commented and said they don't know how we put up with it.

Not only is there music but there seems to be many people coming to the house partying and, by the smell, smoking weed.....a lot. They turn music up when her other neighbour bangs on the wall and shout obscenities back to her and start shouting wooh as they continue to  play it. We have rang the police a few times, once.they came, knocked, they turned it down, they went, they turned it back up. Another time they pulled up some time after the call and drove off doing nothing. The last time they didn't even seem to arrive at all. 

There has been many things happen around the noise issue which includes her mate moving in, she has men coming for loud sex every half hour on n off on random days, bmw's, sporty cars, mercs they turn up in, music on and loud sex ensues. Have to move my 7 year old who's woken by it up to his sisters room (3rd floor) to avoid that situation. She stole our bin n left our number on it, we eventually stole it back and she took another neighbours. Her dog has bitten one of her friends, an ambulance came. Dog craps all over yard and its not picked up. She once left the dog for 3 days with no visits to go on a trip. People turn up for including taxi drivers who take em out and back in like 10 mins who are passed bags with pills/powder in. One lad sat on our front with no top on, window down put a powder on the back of his hand and snorted the substance in front of my son as we came in. She danced on street too with windows open and music blasting out from the house. Her sound system is up and downstairs. She often plays both at once with differing clashing music. She is from middlesbrough were she has been in trouble with police before as was in paper and on website. Her other neighbour advised shes a well known lap dancer and escort. Also on her facebook she has a daughter who's been taken off her (not surprised). We have heard her shout at and whacking the dog in anger. She has a mate who gets really bad and growl etc when they been taking drugs, she is often a mess. They also had windows put through twice by people knocking at their door, they were in but didnt answer, these lads were miffed as hell. Police broke door down who she was aggressive with. Wasnt a raid as we thought, they had reason to believe she was going to kill herself which I doubt given she told people. 

Council have written a letter to which she ignored. We are currently completing a noise diary for them but hear from many its a long pointless task cos nothing gets done.

I wish I could move away, hate my own home now, we are home owners in negative equity so cant. Work are starting to notice I'm tired which isn't great. My wife's upset, my kids don't care bar the lack of sleep for school. 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.


Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately not. Not within the law. Sounds like she's a tenant so her landlord is liable and you must continue to report all of her anti social behaviour to them.
Also report all criminality to the police. All noise problems to the council.
It gets wearing but bad people don't get chucked out of their houses because of one or two (or) 20 incidents. From the councils view they will always have this problem, they can just move it around but these people are a problem wherever they go.
Get your neighbours on board and those who shout loudest and longest get action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.