gabby28

Help needed for research in preventing PTSD in police officers

Hi everyone, 

I am a final year Psychology student at the University of Northampton and this research forms my final year dissertation. I am inviting police officers to take part in this research project focusing on the potential impacts of working within emergency services and what may support you in your role. The hope is to discover how to reduce rates of PTSD in high risk populations such as the police and then be able to apply this in relation to potential interventions.

To take part in the research you need to be currently or previously employed by or volunteer for the emergency services and be over 18 years old.

The questionnaire should take approximately 30 minutes to complete and most parts are optional so if you are uncomfortable you can choose not to answer those questions. Your participation is voluntary however would be greatly appreciated.

Ethical approval has been granted by the School of Psychology at Northampton University. Any information given is anonymous and will be confidential. My contact information is in the questionnaire if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Thank you for considering taking part, if you have any questions then please feel free to email me at gabby.andrews15@mynorthampton.ac.uk

https://goo.gl/forms/S3Hp7rsnvAOlDkQv1 - link to the questionnaire.