Sign in to follow this  
Westie

Volvo cars

So Volvo are not going to be selling diesel and petrol cars as from 2019. That should be interesting. If that does eventually set a trend, I wonder how the various oil producing countries will view that, and what affect that will have on the UK government's thoughts with regards to taxes, currently on fuel ? At least the UK won't have to worry themselves about getting involved in various countries with oil being the motivation.

It is stated that electric cars and hybrids will be cheaper and more efficient. Recently making enquiries into a car change I discovered that there is a huge bank of electric batteries involved, which are very expensive. Because to this you do not own the batteries in the car but you rent them for quite a considerable fee. The, of course you have to charge then, at a cost, and they will perhaps be good for 80 miles or so. The salesman was unable to satisfy me as to the cost of the vehicles, running costs, and if in fact they were cheaper and more economical. I wait to be convinced.

Not just Volvo either. 

A colleague was saying he'd heard the same in another dealership. Might have been BMW if I remember correctly. 

Tesla is the leader with rapid acceleration 0-60 in But expensive at £50k.
An area that is rapidly developing and probably in 10 years we will be struggling to find a new fossil fuelled car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1