Wmp22

Transfer to alternative station

I am seeking advice regarding relocation to an alternative police Station for a initial period of 2months.

i was told by my sergeant yesterday that due to a low staffing level at a neighbouring Station as of 18th July 2017 I would be required to transfer to a station 19 miles from my home address.

Transfer is initially only for a 2 months period but could be longer.

my questions are 

1, how much notice should I be given ? Shift hours and days haven't changed same pattern.

2, am I entitled to mileage expenses as the choice was not mine 

i hope you guys can help me

kind regards

Not sure if it is national but in the force where I currently work you can be posted anywhere within 30 miles of where you live. As your shift pattern is not changing then nothing to consider there.
Your Federation Rep is the one to ask as s/he will know Police Regs and any local agreements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this sounds short, but why is it when anyone is asked to move these days it becomes a drama? Are we working for a disciplined organisation or not? 

If this sounds rude I'm afraid there's no other way of saying it. More often than not it's not a matter of personal choice where you work. If that doesn't suit, then I question why you joined this job.

• Like 1