Sign in to follow this  
Dimples

Urinating In A Public Place

Hi everyone.

As in my previous posts, I watch a lot of cop shows and my conclusion is that the police only carry out  the law when it suits them!.  For example on a show I watched the offender was issued with a fixed penalty ticket by a police officer because he urinated against a shop window, yet  on another show the offender did it against a bin in a public place and was allowed on  his way - both off which were witnessed by a police officer and captured  on film, yet both treated differently.  Can anyone explain this? 

19 minutes ago, Reasonable Man said:

Discretion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precisely, in one some shop keeper had to clean up the mess from his window and shop front. A Police Officer always has had discretion and much might also depend on the person attitude.

Not just discretion but also priorities. Most Forces these days are so strapped for officers that they have far more pressing things to worry about than someone emptying their bladder.

Also.... your focus is all wrong. The individual committing an offence is the one you should be irritated about, not the way law enforcement do their jobs.

I'm not sure are you suggesting that we should have to prosecute everyone caught urinating in a public place or let everyone off?

And if it's everyone then it's ok to tie yourself up doing that even when you are the last unit left to respond to a fight/burglary/ domestic assault in progress?

How do you want us to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk