Sign in to follow this  
Westie

Residential tower block in West London

What a terrible, terrible thing to happen. I hope the final fatality figures are low, but given the time of the incident, sadley, I think that may be a touch optimistic. 

We must not turn this tragedy into a Political points scoring event. It is a tragedy that should not have happened but we must wait for the evidence to come forward. Emotions are running high but are, wrongly, being fuelled by political motivators. The Emergency services have done a fantastic job and it should be remembered by all that searching the building, finding and retrieving the bodies is a huge task and cannot be unduly hurried. It will be a harrowing time and because of the event, it may be that some of the bodies are not identified, as was the case in the 9/11 in New York. The Forensic experts will do their job but it is a slow meticulous process.

The families need support and sympathy, and not to be used.

• Like 1

I fail to understand why HMG did not call in the Army to coordinate and assist with this incident.  The military have been used in various other types of disaster such as flooding etc. and I think their involvement  would have been invaluable in this instance.

It truly is a devastating tragedy. Amidst these times of turmoil and sadness, the best that we can do is to pray for the family of the victims. May their pain be comforted, with the loving support of people who are willing to reach out in order to help. God bless us all.