jmc195

Pay scale and shift allowance

In my initial training right now soon to be heading out with a tutor. Just wondered how much of a difference does shift allowance make? Going onto a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (12hrs). 

Also do new recruits move to the next pay scale 12 months from joining or is it once they've completed probabtion? 

Thanks. 

I used to get around £80 pm unsocial hours pay when it as first introduced, but I was on a 2 2 2 pattern in a county force.  I'm pretty sure pay scale moves are on the anniversary of your starting date.

I would suggest that you can get an accurate figure from a) Your Force Pay Department, or alternatively Your Federation Branch Board Office.  I am retired now but up to two years ago I could have given you a 100% answer.

If you know your annual salary figure and divide it by 12 that should give you a monthly gross figure. If you take off one third of that which will be your approximate stoppages for tax, Nat. Ins., Pension contribution etc it would give you a rough idea of you monthly take home. But as I say your Federation Office should be able to help.