Sign in to follow this  
Victim09

Why is assault acceptable

Heya,

In 2015 I was assaulted by a large guy strangling me whilst shouting "I'm going to f**king kill you", the police came but at first didn't do anything about it and I had to call up 101 to report the assault and for police to go back and investigate, then the guy admitted to it and apologised to the police (not me). I have tried making complaints and was sat down with an inspector who said that there is a lack of funding and the police can't do anything about it, I wanted to take it to the IPCC but this inspector locally resolved it without even telling me. This happened in 2015 and I am still so upset by it, I can barely leave my flat, I would really like the police to answer my questions but every time its getting asnwers to questions I never asked.

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

There's clearly an awful lot more to this than a single paragraph but the fact an Inspector has locally resolved it suggests you have made a formal complaint. Put simply, you are not going to get the answers you seek here.

You should have been advised of the outcome of your complaint. If you don't understand that outcome, write and request a proper explanation.

Edited by billysboots
  • Like 1

Complain to the IPCC……….everyone else does.

They are taking on retired PC's at £30K if interested:wub:

Sadly, I hear of instances of this nature with an increasing frequency but, assuming the incident is being accurately reported by the poster, I would say this is the worst such incident  I have encountered.  I think the assertion that a lack of funding (and possibly decreased manpower) is at the root of the problem is likely to have some truth in it and am glad that police forces (or some at least) are now having the courage and honesty to be transparent about the difficulties they face as a result of a decrease in their budgets and establishments.

I think the poster should purse the matter and if I were in his shoes I would consider engaging the services of a solicitor to do so.

If it was locally resolved then you should have been told about your right to appeal to the Chief Constable or IPCC.
You don't say what your complaint was though and if it was about a policy or procedure that was followed rather than the actions of an individual officer then you have no right of appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1