Sign in to follow this  
qwertyK

Required level of fitness?

Hi there,

Would be my dream job to be in the police. I know there is a Bleep Test with a 5:4 required level for passing. I know I should easily be able to pass this. 

I often go on a 2 mile run every weekend. I have done this in a record time as of writing this in 14 minuets. The furthest I have run is 5.5K in 32 minuets. What I want to know is is what matters most when it comes to fitness levels in the police - especially as I want to go onto being qualified as an ARV officer. What is more important - endurance or speed? If anyone else could share their experiences or talk about their fitness regime that would help.

Thank you, 

Alex

2 miles in 14 minutes very good you should romp the actual test.Just keep gradually building. swimming and an exercise bike all good too. You don't have to go mad  even to be an ARV. I went on a gas refresher about 10 years ago with an ARV unit and we did their test with the option of dropping out at 5.4.Pride kept us in it ( none arvs) and we completed it all. I was aged 40 at the time and was fairly porky just swimming and the odd half hour on the bike. I suggest you should be fine.

Sign in to follow this