Sign in to follow this  
cheapshots

Constant false allegations

Dear all,

Without getting into all the details, which'll probably bore you to death, I wondered if anybody can help me with a problem I have.

My husband and I are going through a messy divorce (started Jan 2017) and he's making countless false allegations against me and my family in order to build a case for custody of our children. We have two children and a jointly owned family home. Since Jan 2017 I have been living in my parents house.

Believe it or not, my mum, dad and I have been arrested (released without charge) due to my husbands various lies. 

Just to give you a slight insight, below is an example of one of his lies that the Police acted on: 
05.02.17 - We organised via solicitors for my mother to go to my house to collect a few of my personal belongings as my husband changed the locks plus I didn't want to see him. My mother was accompanied by a Police officer who was video recording, and my husband was also present. She collected a baby pram (for my 8-month old) and few toys etc. 
One week later my mum was arrested (and released without charge) for stealing the pram as my husband claimed it was stolen! I pleaded with the arresting officer that it was a baby pram for our 8-month old worth £50 and that I had the cash receipt located at my home, additionally it was taken under police witness and my husband was also present - he simply didn't care/believe me.  

It's got to the point where I'm actually scared about what other lies he's made up, and unfortunately the Police just seem to act on them. I have made a complaint to the Force (Met), however I don't think this will deter my husband from making up more lies. 

Is there anything I can do to stop his almost constant barrage of false accusations against me and my family? 

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

There is not much you can do about what your husband reports but I would get each of the three of you to list what false reports etc he has made against each of you that only affected you as individuals. Then separately report those circumstances to the police as harassment. Insist that you are reporting a crime (each of you so that's three crimes) of Harassment. Insist that you want it recorded as a crime and you do not want it dealt with by him being given a warning or 'advice' or a PIN. Get a crime number.
This doesn't mean the police can or will do anything but it will be on record that he is harassing you so should inform the way any further reports are dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Reasonable Man. I'm willing to try anything.

His latest allegation is that I ran over his feet as I was dropping off our 8-month old son to him. Apparently the police were called who interviewed my neighbours :mellow:

I know that nothing will come of it because it's not true, but this is really exhausting and there's always a chance Police might arrest me for questioning then release me without charge - something I can do without right now. 

Police officers hate complaints.Go online find your force and click on the link for professional standards and make formal complaints about each time someone was arrested saying unlawful arrest because of malicious allegations.Also why were people arrested at all they could have been cautioned and interviewed without arrest ( possibly).So arrest may have been OTT.Then if you or whoever gets arrested again try and argue that you have been unlawfully detained and ask to be released there and then.Then make another complaint of unlawful arrest because of malicious allegations.I could bang on about things you should say.But the gist is that you are seen as taking things seriously.I appreciate it takes a lot of balls to complain especially at a police station but from what you have said it seems you are being treat unfairly.

However see a solicitor find one that does a free initial consultation locally.

There have been so many false allegations made against me and my family, it really boils my blood. Okay, so hopefully this weekend I'll report the harassment crime and log a complaint for each unlawful arrest. 

Thank you all

5 hours ago, hiramabif said:

Police officers hate complaints.Go online find your force and click on the link for professional standards and make formal complaints about each time someone was arrested saying unlawful arrest because of malicious allegations.Also why were people arrested at all they could have been cautioned and interviewed without arrest ( possibly).So arrest may have been OTT.Then if you or whoever gets arrested again try and argue that you have been unlawfully detained and ask to be released there and then.Then make another complaint of unlawful arrest because of malicious allegations.I could bang on about things you should say.But the gist is that you are seen as taking things seriously.I appreciate it takes a lot of balls to complain especially at a police station but from what you have said it seems you are being treat unfairly.

However see a solicitor find one that does a free initial consultation locally.

Why on earth would you advise someone to make a complaint against Police about problems they are experiencing with their partner? Quite apart from the fact that you have absolutely no idea whether it was unlawful arrest over malicious allegations or not, the problems exist between the two ex-partners, not with the Police who appear to be just being used to fight their battles.

At the moment we have one party giving one side of a particular set of circumstances, however the other party could equally come up with a convincing set of circumstances. People get arrested in DV circumstances all the time and it is up to the officers to justify the arrest under the relevant legislation. I can't say whether they were justified or not justified because I wasn't there, consequently I can't say whether the OP was treated fairly or not. But to advise her that the way to sort out her problems is to make numerous complaints against the Police Officers concerned (without any knowledge of the circumstances) is absolutely shocking advice and not only is it unlikely to solve the problems, but it may actually make things worse.

To the OP. It's fairly obvious that communication has broken down completely, therefore any conversations between you both are unlikely to achieve much, though that's the best way of resolving it. Failing that then you (and your parents) need to be completely detached from the situation and all communication needs to be done through a solicitor. Any contact should not be done directly but through a third party, which includes child contact. 

You won't prevent accusations, but you may well reduce them if you take away the opportunity for them to occur. I'm not trying to prevent you from making complaints - you are free to make as many as you want if you feel that the officer breached the misconduct regulations (and I note that you have already), however it's unlikely to resolve the situation and effectively you may well be causing the police to 'side' with the other party.

I should also add that reading the above, you may think I'm doubting what you say. That's not the case, but I wasn't there so I don't believe you or disbelieve you. 

• Like 1

Why are we giving legal advice on a matter where we do not know the circumstances. The poster should consult a solicitor, pay for the advice and follow that advice. I once dealt with a similar case to find that the allegations being made by a wife were completely false. We do not know the full and true circumstances and I feel we should not give advice line this on a forum. 

Edited by Zulu 22
  • Like 1

Yes there are two sides to every argument and I take everything you said on board. I have a solicitor in place and contact between my ex and I is via them. This has not stopped him making false accusations against me, hence why I asked my initial question. 

His false allegations have continued so much so that I don't know what to do. I will speak to my solicitor again. Thanks. 

My point was from what was said by the OP is that they are being locked up for nothing on the say so of one individual with an obvious axe to grind.They are held in the cells until enqs are made and then released without charge.That would pig me off no end.Each arrest is recorded for ever and could come back on a DBS later.From what was said it appears when the calls come in they are treat individually even around the pram issue where receipts could have been shown to negate the complaint.

So to make complaints to PSD who from my experience would grip the issue and probably appoint a SPOC ( for all parties) to sort it out.Rather than just allowing calls to come in and be logged on command and control and dealt with in isolation with unnecessary arrests.The complaints would go nowhere.

Perhaps the SPOC could then calm everyone down and put the issue where it belongs with a solicitor.

My point is. There is a legal disclaimer and it is dangerous for us to give advice when we do not know the full story, and even then we should not. There are always two sides to every allegation. The lady may be perfectly correct but it is for her solicitor to sort out and advise over her many options of action.

Why close any request for advice?
There's a legal disclaimer and people can only advise based on the information provided. That is clear to the OP so not 'dangerous' at all.
Virtually all other forums allow advice to be given. This one did not used to but now it is more moderately moderated then hopefully it will attract more people to join and we may get more than half a dozen posts a week on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Having seen recent comments on this thread and taking into account all current factors I am happy for this thread to continue on the basis that the participants have read and understood our standard legal disclaimer.

At this point I see no breach of forum rules or foul play at hand so this thread will not be closed. 

-Sapor62

• Like 1

There are 6 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this