hello every one

yesterday i caught by police the reason was my car brake light not working when brakes applied they parked my car i told me i can't move my car until fix brake lights and then after have to put new mot . They given me Prohibition Notice and Explanatory Notes what this means..

Thanks.. 

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

I'm not sure if this is a statement or a question? 

Welcome to the forum

By "Prohibition Notice" I presume you're referring to a PG9, a PG9 is issued when a suitably trained officer believes your vehicle has defects which make it un-roadworthy, when issued a PG9 it will void your vehicles MOT, meaning you will have to go to a mechanic and have the fault repaired to re-instate your MOT - once you've done that you should go to a police station and produce the PG9 and MOT Certificate then another suitably trained officer will remove the PG9.

• Like 1

If I've read correctly you've answered your own question, there should be explanatory notes provided and you will be committing an offence if you drive the vehicle on the road, whilst the prohibition notice is still in place. 

Now depending on the restrictions you may be able to drive it to a pre arranged not appointment but I'm not 100% sure on that as I don't know what you've been given. Although the explanatory notes should help you

• Like 1

On 17 February 2017 at 07:19, kamuk said:

hello every one

yesterday i caught by police the reason was my car brake light not working when brakes applied they parked my car i told me i can't move my car until fix brake lights and then after have to put new mot . They given me Prohibition Notice and Explanatory Notes what this means..

Thanks.. 

As others have said, as your brake lights do not operate it is dangerous to allow the car to be driven.  The prohibition notice (PG9) generally prohibits the vehicle from being driven at any time on a road, though the issuing officer can add notes to permit the driving, if certain conditions are met.  As we cannot see what you have been issued, or what notes the officer has made, we can only assume that it is an immediate prohibition, with no exemption.  In this case the car MUST either be uplifted on a trailer, or towed from the place you were stopped.  If being towed it must be a rigid tow bar and not a rope, as a rigid tow bar makes your vehicle a trailer, where if it was towed on a rope it is classed as a separate vehicle and is therefore still being driven.

Once repaired the vehicle must be taken for a new MOT and once you have this, you must take the prohibition notice AND the MOT certificate to a Police Station, where a 'removal of prohibition' (PG10) will be issued.  Only once you have the PG10, can you legally drive the vehicle on a road.