Amy Mckenzie

Police/People interested in a police career needed for dissertation

Hello,

i am in my third year of university and currently completing my dissertation. To do this i need police or individuals interested in a career in the police force to complete my questionnaire which should last about 20 minutes. it would be greatly appreciated if you were to complete my questionnaire. Please follow the link below to start the questionnaire, Thank you.

https://lhubos.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/career-personality-and-stereotypes

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, Amy Mckenzie said:

Hello,

i am in my third year of university and currently completing my dissertation. To do this i need police or individuals interested in a career in the police force to complete my questionnaire which should last about 20 minutes. it would be greatly appreciated if you were to complete my questionnaire. Please follow the link below to start the questionnaire, Thank you.

https://lhubos.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/career-personality-and-stereotypes

Amy,

I did your survey however I would like you and you supervisor to have the following feedback.

Your questions are loaded. For example there is an entire section where you force the subject to give evidence of racial bias both positive and negative. There is no option to express that you find it inappropriate to utilise racial stereotypes only to say what they are.

Many of your questions are largely binary in nature but the topics you approach much more complex.

Like do you believe all rapists should receive punishments beyond imprisonment like "being whipped in the streets". If you are going to ask questions like that you need to give an option for each case being treated on it's own merits.

Much of the survey appears aimed at people who are still in full time education rather than Police Officers.

Whoever wrote that has a simplistic view of the world and apparently a neo liberal political view with a dislike of Police Officers. 

In essence Martin Luther King or the Archangel Gabriel(If he exists) could complete your survey and it would make them appear racist.

Can I ask you some questions:-

Your survey is it intended to

a) Denigrate Police Officers b ) Insult Police Officers c) Get rid of Police Officers or d) Embarrass Police Officers.

Do you think Police Officers are :-

1. Somewhat racist   b ) Very racist  c) Extremely racist d) Unicorns

Sorry they are the only answers you get and you have to choose one.......

This is poor biased work. 

Edited by HMService
  • Like 2

I have to agree, the questions are weak and not balanced at all. On the other hand I had read somewhere that Universities these days didn't contain any radical revolutionaries guided by a spiritual or mystic leader as they did in the 70s. Maybe that was wrong !!

• Like 1