Sign in to follow this  
Dilan10abc

Can I join the met police if I was a criminal?

A year ago I was 17 and I got myself involved with the wrong people who basically used me and we committed what was described as 'violent robbery' where a victim got injured by my car after his phone was snatched and I ended up getting the most trouble by having serious charges such as GBH with intent, dangerous driving and theft on me but all charges ended up getting dismissed at a youth court. 

I am now 19 and would like to maybe join the police later in life but even though I don't have a criminal record as I asked the officer that worked on my case the police most likely still has my fingerprints and mugshot and record of me on their system. I researched and found out that the police recruits people with minor offences however mine was quite serious. So will I always be a criminal in the police's eyes and would this not allow me to join the police?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

In one word "No"

All charges against you were dismissed? So you have a clean record. I am going to resist the urge ti make the assumption that you must have been guilty anyway after a court has clearly dismissed the charges with some supporting rationale.

I would say if you had been convicted Zulu's remark would be correct for sure but that is not the case with you.

I based my assumption that there would be collators intel on the man and his friends. Perhaps local officers know him and he may run with the wrong crowd.  Also by his own admission he committed the offence.Quote " and we committed what was described as 'violent robbery' where a victim got injured by my car after his phone was snatched and I ended up getting the most trouble by having serious charges such as GBH with intent, dangerous driving and theft" 

The fact that the case was dismissed in youth court leaves many unanswered questions, possibly somebody lied, I don't know.

Sign in to follow this