OldAfricaHand

Huddersfield shooting

I do not like Richard Littlejohn but on this topic he is spot on. Why should anyone weep for a known drug dealer, who has with him an automatic hand gun. He was the author of his own misfortune. My sympathy goes to the firearms officer who people will try to hang out to dry.  It would be an excellent use of Federation Funds to fund any defence of the officer I would also hope that the Chief Officer will have the balls to stand up and be counted in supporting his officers.

• Like 2

I do not like Richard Littlejohn but on this topic he is spot on. Why should anyone weep for a known drug dealer, who has with him an automatic hand gun. He was the author of his own misfortune. My sympathy goes to the firearms officer who people will try to hang out to dry.  It would be an excellent use of Federation Funds to fund any defence of the officer I would also hope that the Chief Officer will have the balls to stand up and be counted in supporting his officers.

Don't hold your breath on support from Senior Officers Zulu22. They weren't up too much in my time and my last 9 yrs was as a Firearms Officer engaged on ARV and TA duties. These days Police Officers and especially Firearms Officers are on a real loser, too much political interference, the disgraceful and biased media, bleeding heart do gooders ably assisted by HR lawyers, oh and not forgetting the "Independent" IPCC, after them. You won't find too many Senior ACPO ranks or whatever they call themselves nowadays, standing up against them and supporting those at the coal face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with you. Chief Officers are too interested in being Politically correct and bowing to political masters. Where are the likes of Chiefs like Sir James Anderton who where prepared to stand up and publicly say No.

On 1/6/2017 at 1:06 PM, Zulu 22 said:

I would also hope that the Chief Officer will have the balls to stand up and be counted in supporting his officers.

Chief Constable Ms Dee Collins :tongue_cheek: with a pair!

Joking apart I agree and hope its resolved before the average of 9 years these things take to sort out. With all the stress that takes years off your life later on and the risk at any point of being charged with murder.

I take my hat off to them but who would want to be a firearms officer in this day and age.

• Like 1