Sign in to follow this  
BIkerider

Suspect shot

The main suspect for the recent Berlin terrorist attack has been shot and killed by an Italian Police officer. I missed most of the report on the Beeb but it seems it was not as the result as a police operation, but a chance stop by a group of Italian officers in MIlan early on Friday morning. When asked for his ID the suspect opened fire. The officer that shot him only had 9 months in the job. Well done that man

Perhaps a loss of intelligence but a satisfactory result. The biggest problem is how many more of these deluded idiots are about.

2 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

Perhaps a loss of intelligence but a satisfactory result. The biggest problem is how many more of these deluded idiots are about.

Many, just hope we get past Christmas with no further incidents.

I think that Niger Farage came in for some stick last week for saying that Angela Merkel had blood on her hands. Perhaps that events in Germany are proving him right, sadly.

I like the way that the German Police have been getting stick for ceasing surveillance of him 6 months ago after they decided that he wasn't a threat.  The 20:20 hindsight brigade have been out in force to criticise what must have been a well thought through decision given the intel they had at the time.  The cost and resources that police have to use to do surveillance on someone must be enormous and I would imagine that the Germans have got a lot of people to monitor given the influx of refugees.  I would be more concerned about the decision not to deport him back to Tunisia after serving his prison sentence for arson in Italy a few years ago.  That would have been a much better time to deal with someone who at that time was more of a low level criminal as opposed to being a terrorist, but again I'm saying that with hindsight.

• Like 1

Thursday his family were condemning him, today they are condemning the Italian Police for shooting him. Perhaps they are overlooking the fact that he shot at and wounded an Italian officer first. He was shoot and killed when they returned fire. 

I ccannot understand why they did not deport him after his prison sentence. I presume that he was using the EHRA. This is perhaps a case which might make them repeal several sections of the act.

1 hour ago, Zulu 22 said:

Thursday his family were condemning him, today they are condemning the Italian Police for shooting him. Perhaps they are overlooking the fact that he shot at and wounded an Italian officer first. He was shoot and killed when they returned fire. 

I cannot understand why they did not deport him after his prison sentence. I presume that he was using the EHRA. This is perhaps a case which might make them repeal several sections of the act.

Don't hold your breath

• Like 1