Chief Bakes

Welcome to the Upgraded PoliceUK Forum

We are BACK !!!

The forums of www.policespecials.com, www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk, and www.policeuk.com have been sold by Red Snapper Media Limited to a new owner RAW Digital Media Limited www.rawdigitalmedia.co.uk who are the owners of Police Community www.police.community RAW Digital Media are now working hard to get the remaining forums back with you as quickly as possible. RAW Digital Media and Red Snapper Media will work as partners across the coming years to support the forums and to promote both enterprises.

Out of this acquisition, a professional business relationship with Red Snapper Media has been formed and we will look to develop an advertising strategy to help promote some of Red Snapper's products whilst they mutually promote all four of the forums across their extensive media network. This is a mutually agreeable position that brings benefits to all concerned and we are delighted with the partnership we have formed with Red Snapper Media to allow this to happen. 

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Martin Jerrold at Red Snapper Media who has made clear that he wants the forums to continue and took very seriously his responsibility to agree the best possible home for the forums moving forwards. We would also like to thank the membership across all four forums for their continued support. 

As many of you will know Chief Rat and myself have been at the helm of all the forums at one point in time or another historically, and more recently on Police Community. We have been supported by a fantastic team of Moderators both past and present who commit their own time to moderating and managing the forum. This team has been led by Cheetah who was promoted to "Lead Moderator" when Police Community was incepted. He has done a fantastic job and has supported the Management Team so much so that he was promoted to a junior Management Role in 2016. His commitment and dedication has been invaluable and with the new challenges that now lie ahead in managing four forums I would like to formally welcome Cheetah to the full Management Team. Cheetah will be changing his name to Chief Cheetah in recognition of his full management role and will have an equal role to that of Chief Rat and myself across all four forums.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask but this is most definitely going to be an exciting time for the future of the Police Community group of forums. 

Chief Bakes
Co-Founder of Police Community Group#

*UPDATE*

Please see this statement from our Strategic Partner Martin Jerrold, Managing Director of Red Snapper Media

http://www.rawdigitalmedia.co.uk/statement-from-martin-jerrold/

Strew th,  it has taken me days to manage to log in. My desktop will not allow me to. Fortunately by tablet still logs in automatically. I don't if it is just me having difficulties or if it extends to others. Looking forward to exchanging views again.

Not at all impressed. sorry! Change for changes sake.Not able to view or use the site for days on end.Then the first thing is see is a load of so called "rules" of what I can and cannot post like we are probationers.Lets face it forums are in decline compared to social media Used to love this site not anymore plus the specials hate us.Chief Bakes go on the Bake Off mate.Please return it to as was.

Merry X,mas to the real police oracle people.

Sorry but now retired I will say what I think. I know nothing will change and as usual I am wrong etc

Thank you for your feedback @hiramabif  Sorry you aren't keen on rules on a forum but if you let us know which of your numerous accounts you've started you wish to keep we'll gladly merge them into just one and say no more about it on this occasion.

It's slightly surprising you say this was change for changes sake and complain about the lack of the ability to access or view the site for a short time.  The site has been experiencing problems for some years now and the reliability of the site was very poor with a lot of downtime.  For the short period whilst we upgraded it it wasn't available, however, we are now confident that these issues won't repeat themselves on a weekly basis.  Another reason it isn't change for changes sake is that the creators of the software being used have now ceased supporting it for releases and only give out security patches, something that wasn't working properly on this site.  As of April 2017 the software creators will stop all support of the site software previously being used.  If we hadn't taken it down and upgraded it we would have been unable to transport it all over come April and at that point the site would be starting all over again likely with no content.  We would also have been using a 10 year old website, desperately outdated and unstable.

The rules are probably not going to affect you much if you were already a participating member of the site as you likely already adhered to them, except maybe the part about having more than one account.  You complain that forums are on the decline, we are trying to reverse that on this site.  We are working toward increasing the usage and participation as well as the membership of the site so it makes sense to tell people what the rules are before they sign up and fall foul of them.

The real PoliceOracle and PoliceUK membership is still here and we have been in direct contact with all of the old mod team.  We would like you stay and to participate on the forum and help to build it back into a great resource and place to be,  If you really are uncomfortable with progress and really do dislike the site as is then you are of course welcome to stop participating.

More than happy to discuss this further as necessary so please feel free to continue the dialogue, although it may now take a few days for any replies due to other commitments for the next few days.

I've noticed on police.community that they are not commercially owned but owned by the founders. Who owns this forum? RAW digital media?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Ygnharad

The two founders of Police.Community created a new company along with myself and we called it RAW Digital Media. This was to enable us to acquire the three forums PoliceSpecials.com, UKPoliceonline.co.uk and PoliceUK.com.  Basically it's the same two original people with the addition of a third person, me. We all are or have been serving officers in UK police forces all in different capacities and of different ranks.  Between us we have decades of experience in IT and of running online forums.

• Like 2

@Ygnharad
The two founders of Police.Community created a new company along with myself and we called it RAW Digital Media. This was to enable us to acquire the three forums PoliceSpecials.com, UKPoliceonline.co.uk and PoliceUK.com.  Basically it's the same two original people with the addition of a third person, me. We all are or have been serving officers in UK police forces all in different capacities and of different ranks.  Between us we have decades of experience in IT and of running online forums.

Just what I wanted to hear. My concerns have been answered, I was going to offer my help to ease the IT issues previously but looks like you have got it covered.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

And I put minds at rest, Chief Cheetah has been a long standing member of the forum communities across the board. Generally participation before the change in forum ownership before this one! It is nice to see that he is part of the new Admin team!

• Like 4