Sign in to follow this  
OldAfricaHand

Equality before The Law

The very recent news that two former paratroopers - now both pensioners - have been charged with attempted murder of an Official IRA man during their time as Parachute Regiment soldiers on duty in Northern Ireland, seems to me to be a stark example of lack of equality before the Law. I say this because Tony Bliar gave IRA terrorists a letter of guarantee that they would not be prosecuted for crimes committed during The Troubles - the murderous activities of terrorists against The Crown. It seems that the chief prosecutor in NI is the former legal adviser to Gerry Adams; being a cynic I cannot imagine that he is less-than-partisan in his decision to pursue these, and potentially other, former soldiers whilst not investigating actual murders committed by the IRA - be they Official or Provisional.

Frankly, this situation smacks of political witch-hunting and the Law being used to "settle" scores against people who were doing their jobs in protecting the public of NI. I just wonder when the Government are going to wake up to the fact that they have allowed all sorts of people with anti-establishment agendas to gain positions of power and influence.

In the meantime the IRA murderers have been given immunity. I think this topic got list a little in the downtime on the site. These ex paratroopers should never be in this position. Apparently the man who made this decision used to work for either Adams or McGuiness so why did he not disqualify himself, and perhaps more importantly, how did he ever get that post.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:36 PM, Zulu 22 said:

In the meantime the IRA murderers have been given immunity. I think this topic got list a little in the downtime on the site. These ex paratroopers should never be in this position. Apparently the man who made this decision used to work for either Adams or McGuiness so why did he not disqualify himself, and perhaps more importantly, how did he ever get that post.

The same reason the RUC was replaced. Because Blair surrendered to the terrorists, they got pretty much everything they wanted. He betrayed all those poor innocent non-combatants killed by mainland bombs. The soldiers murdered in cold blood by sniper fire.

Now PIRA is rebranded as an untouchable OCG that deals in weapons and stolen fuel and enforcement as well as government. Like any criminal group all they want is to consolidate their power and by hanging out to dry all the people who ever stood up to them, who will ever do it again?

This is how you make an example of your enemies and cow everyone into obeisance. The Krays did it, the cosa-nostra do it, but PIRA... they are even demonstrating that they control the establishment. Not only can you be made an example of using power tools while strapped to a chair in a Dublin garage block, now they are using their perversion of legal process to take the freedoms of the good men and women who fought them to protect the public back in the day when standing up for what is right still mattered.

It is a very clever action that sends a very clear message to the armed forces of today too. Corbyn has been very clear that he is on board with all this too:(

-If Blair was put in charge of dealing with prison riots no doubt he'd replace all the window bars with curtains take all the locks off the doors, put a minibar in each room and replace the prison service with hostelry staff. Then no doubt prosecute all the historic prison staff for false imprisonment and HR violations...