Sign in to follow this  
IveToldYouOnce

Nasty, nasty, nasty....?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38165395

If I've read that right, Theresa May wanted to deny children an education, and all that comes with it, as some sort of leverage against their parents.

Erm.  I can't have understood the report properly.  Just can't.  Because to use a child as leverage against it's parents is something that gangsters do.  Not 'honourable' members of Parliament.

I'm not even sure that's nasty, it's beyond nasty............

It certainly seems an unpleasant way of dealing with the children of illegal immigrants. But the whole question of what access any illegal immigrants should have to any welfare and related services is certainly one that has to be tackled.

I am one of those people who believes that illegal immigrants should not bee kept in the community but should be lodged in some form of secure (but not prison-like) accommodation. Old military facilities - ideally with the H block style living accommodation that can easily be subdivided into accommodation for single individuals or families - could well b ideal. There are adequate toilet and catering facilities and space and appropriate resources could be made available for teaching any children. But the important thing is for decisions / actions on illegal immigrants must be made quickly; so that the people concerned are nor held in such closed facilities for more than a few weeks. It requires effort to do this; it also requires a smooth administrative and quasi-judicial process to get things moving. Of course, it would also require a process that isn't at the mercy of interference from extra-territorial institutions and the necessary resources to enforce deportation where that is appropriate.

As I said at the start, "deprioritising" children of illegal immigrants is certainly unpleasant but I can see that as a knee-jerk reaction, it might easily be considered - particularly when educational resources are spread thinly due to resource-constraints. I doubt it will happen!

Nasty to de-priortise immigrants, or nasty that British parents cannot get their children into their local school of their choice because priority is given to the children of immigrants. You need to look at the problems from a different angle. It was recently report, and no I cannot now find the report, where a school in Manchester had to contend with 28 different languages. Now that cannot be right. Families have paid Tax and Insurance for a child's lifetime to pay for education. After their children's education they continue paying for the education of the next generation.

When you have contributed it must be a real source of agravation to have your child's education opportunities curtailed,

Would it not be perhaps better if schools were set up especially for the children of illegal immigrants, rather than imposing them onto classes of UK children? That can only slow their progress when the illegal children who will almost certainly will not have a full grasp of English have to be receive special treatment to bring them up to speed - then possibly only to leave if the right to remain is withdrawn. Simply an expensive and futile exercise

If the famies did get a right to remain, then and only then bring them into mainstream schooling.

The overal financial cost will be horrendous, to say nothing of the disturbed education other children will have!

Some 18 years ago after my daughter qualified as a teacher she was employed in a Comprehensive school in Tooting, South London, where about 20% of the students from the year she was teaching, were from immigrant families and did not have any, or very little English. Others were emotionally disturbed and had no interest in learning English. Fights were a regular occurence. Consequently the school was classed as failing because assessments found most of the students were at least a year behind. This can only happen again and probably does. What was my daughters principal subject - English. That 1st year very nearly broke her!

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, IveToldYouOnce said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38165395

If I've read that right, Theresa May wanted to deny children an education, and all that comes with it, as some sort of leverage against their parents.

Erm.  I can't have understood the report properly.  Just can't.  Because to use a child as leverage against it's parents is something that gangsters do.  Not 'honourable' members of Parliament.

I'm not even sure that's nasty, it's beyond nasty............

No. You haven't read that right....

You have taken the word deprioritise and changed it into deny and then added "all that comes with it" as an extra bonus "nastiness".

Having repainted it you represent the issue again as much worse than the BBC did.

We are talking about human lives and human welfare here. It seems whenever we do the left lose their minds and go into a full on emotional knee jerk and abandon any logic. In fact logic becomes perverse when you should be busy being outraged.

Prioritise - To prioritise one thing above another.

In this case we have a finite amount of schools places.

The children needing them can be divided into three groups-

1) The children of illegal immigrants.

2) The children of legal immigrants.

3) The children of UK citizens.

Now - how should we be prioritising (not denying) , limited placed for the three groups- Who has to take one for the team? And then when we have decided which of the below headlines shall we beat our breasts with emotional indignation about??

A)Illegal immigrants educated while Brit kids denied schools! 

B ) School's places? Are you an illegal immigrant? YES! Legal Immigrant NO!

C) UK kids forced out of education places in favour of migrants- You can pay for them but you can't pay for your own!

It's all so NASTY NASTY NASTY- I just don't know who I want to label as evil first.. :(

Alternatively we could just have a logical non emotionally driven look at what we are going to do about immigration and the burdens it places without losing our minds labelling and castigating and calling everyone racists and all the other things the left keep doing.

None of this solves the damn problem and while we keep running away from even talking about the real facts, no one ever will.