Juliusdd

BMI problem?

Hello,

Im currently in the process of joining the PCSO's and have my interview on the 15th, today I thought I should test my BMI in my local Boots on one of their machines, Shocked too find out I scored 29!...

I thought to my self this doesnt seem right as that classes me as Obese, I am 5,4 and weight 78Kg, I am 100 percent sure I am not fat but also not slim, I go to the gym every day and some would say I am quite muscular and beefy, After doing a little research the max BMI for the police is 29... I don't understand? Do I need to lose weight? Please take into consideration my height.

Thanks.

The whole of the forwards in the england rugby team would be obese under this measure. Not sure if there is a max bmi limit but when I joined your level of fat was measured by a calliper on the back of the upper arm - a much more accurate measurement of body fat percentage. I would request this in your case if you meet any problems.

The whole of the forwards in the england rugby team would be obese under this measure. Not sure if there is a max bmi limit but when I joined your level of fat was measured by a calliper on the back of the upper arm - a much more accurate measurement of body fat percentage. I would request this in your case if you meet any problems.

I'm really worried because I don't see where Im going wrong.. Like my diet isnt the best but Im certainly Fit and not fat.. Like do they want me being a skinny Police officer or a Muscular one who can manager the job? Will they take into account my build and height... PS I play Prop and Hooker in London Irish Rugby.

If the max is 29 and you are 29 then you'll be ok wont you. A better guide to how fat you are is a fat % measurement. If you want to be on the safe side loose a bit of weight 

Please don't 'bump' topics, most people have settings that alert them to new topics they haven't read so they will comment if they wish to. Thanks.