Sign in to follow this  
BIkerider

Tonight the night

Tonights the night when our evening will possibly be spoiled with regular knocking on our front doors. Trick or Treat! I personally feel very strongly about this stupid  American import. Elderly people living alone are susceptible to unwanted disturbance as are families with young children who will be woken up. It just plain irritates me.

Then there is a situation where we spend 364 days a year, telling children not to take sweets from or speak to strangers, then allow them to go and knock on the doors of exactly those people to do just what we have been telling them not to. Just where is the logic? I don't know of any stats that will give an idea of children are placed in extra risk but it must be a Paedophiles open invitation! Why do we risk just one child being molested or going missing or worse!

• Like 1

Let them say that when one of their children is abducted!

It is another unasked for and in my mind a rather stupid Americanism we can well do without.

• Like 1

There seems to be an unwritten 'rule' around here that if you've gone to the effort of decorating your house, or carving a pumpkin for outside your house, then that's the "ok" to have people knock at your door........if not, then they shouldn't.

Seems to work........

That said.  You can't trust anybody to not mess with sweeties just 'because'..........