IveToldYouOnce

An IPCC first??

Should the investigation go ahead, I do hope that the IPCC Commissioner and his subordinates will be arrested in the full glare of publicity that normally seems to accompany their activities. I doubt that a helicopter would be appropriate to hover over the scene but, perhaps, a local news crew can be taken for a ride-along with the arrest team. I assume the IPCC people would be suspended and, for the sake of ensuring a diligent investigation, a period of maybe three to five years can elapse until the case is finalised. :tongue_cheek:  

• Like 1

Hmmmmm! This is a clear case of the 'worm has turned'!

If it is proved that they did what has been suggested it must bring into sharp focus, attention on the possibility that this is not a 'one off'.

• Like 1

This is not the first time that the IPCC has done something like this. It appears that this time there may be clear evidence of mal feasance.

I would be amazed if this IPCC Commissioner would ever be able to hold any credibility in the future.

Perhaps the IPCC will now realise the pressure that an investigating officer can be under.

• Like 2

My take on this is that it will be brushed under the table. The CPS will be 'spoken' to and insufficient evidence will be proclaimed or it is 'not in the public interest'.

If that were the case would a civil action be possible?