Sign in to follow this  
liverpool999

2016 Pension Statements

Would anyone have any idea why after years & years of statements stating i can retire on full pension on 17/06/17 does this years state my full 1987 pension scheme with full protection is 01/08/17 no explanation whatsoever & yes they release statements and pi&& off for the weekend.

So you have to work another 6 weeks before receiving your full pension?! You won't get much sympathy on here. Most of us are needing to work 5+ more years than what we were promised at the start of our careers. And even then our pensions won't be a patch on yours. Don't let it spoil your weekend!!

All our statements are for age 60 yrs old as that is the retirement age for all 2015 officers………………..does it coincide with your birthday?

No birthday is July, i transfered in service & i know i'm fortunate, i can take a full 30 at 48 & 11 months. I am planning to move and making plans for a move in june 2017 which is why its important i get correct dates. So unless anyone can provide a serious reply please keep opinions to yourself. Moby I wasnt asking for sympathy & you have no knowledge of me or my circumstances go bother some other poor soul, its sad that this profession i've devoted my life to for almost 30 years has people like you in it, too quick to have a dig at colleagues, very sad and perhaps a sad refelection on todays Police officers

Edited by liverpool999
  • Like 1

Would anyone have any idea why after years & years of statements stating i can retire on full pension on 17/06/17 does this years state my full 1987 pension scheme with full protection is 01/08/17 no explanation whatsoever & yes they release statements and pi&& off for the weekend.

be very wary of pension forecasts and double check them mate.no one knows what they are doing anymore and a lot of stuff is incorrect.speak to the pension dept asap and get them to e mail you the details as proof-trust nothing at face value.

Edited by john999
  • Like 1

Got my pension forecast, Its good news, I am going to be rich, rich beyond my wildest dreams!

If I work 40 years and 2 weeks until I am 60 I will basically get the same pension I should have got at 49 years and 50 weeks old. So thats 10 years and 2 weeks more of paying in (approx £55k) in total and 10 years 2 weeks of not claiming the pension i was promised (about £290k if i didn't take any commutation).  Absolutely shafted about £350k down after working 10 years for the pleasure.

Still thanks to the stirling work of the fed I might be able to get some tattoos on my face and neck in order to brighten up the rest of my service!

I have asked for projections based on retiring at 30 years service and 55 years old and have been refused. How am I meant to plan financially?  You know to make up the extra with investments as the government suggested was possible, using the money i am able to save from my salary which is decreasing year on year thanks to the same government?

I brought this up with our pension administer, will all pension forecast include 30yrs service, age 55 & 60yrs Forecasts and was told NO……

Why, the computer programme we have bought does not do that……….

Did the government not give you the programme as they changed our pensions, NO………….all Forces have to buy their own programme.

So every officer could get a slightly different Forecast depending on what programme the Force has bought, YES…...

Can I have 3 Forecasts then, NO………only officers retiring within 5yrs can have an extra one….

But are these officers not protected and know what they are getting from their last Forecast & can work it out themselves……….could do, need to go now.

………..that was my conversation with pension Administrator…………..

I brought this up with our pension administer, will all pension forecast include 30yrs service, age 55 & 60yrs Forecasts and was told NO……

Why, the computer programme we have bought does not do that……….

Did the government not give you the programme as they changed our pensions, NO………….all Forces have to buy their own programme.

So every officer could get a slightly different Forecast depending on what programme the Force has bought, YES…...

Can I have 3 Forecasts then, NO………only officers retiring within 5yrs can have an extra one….

But are these officers not protected and know what they are getting from their last Forecast & can work it out themselves……….could do, need to go now.

………..that was my conversation with pension Administrator…………..

You really could not make that up. It's like the pensions office set in some 1984-esque dystopian nightmare. It would be laughable if it weren't peoples' financial futures we are talking about. 

As previously said, it could be something as simple as someone putting in the wrong date, if not then at least you have time to get it sorted.

Can forum members try to keep this on topic, if you have a sensible answer to the OP please post it, if not, we have other pension topics ongoing.