Sign in to follow this  
Zulu 22

Will heads roll

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3749612/Dragged-classroom-Shut-cell-day-Not-allowed-call-parents-did-police-lock-schoolgirl-word-fantasist.html

I know that thios story is from the Daily Mail but, if just half of it is true then many heads should roll.

16 year old girl arrested at school, on a complaint from a fantasist who had already made false complaints. Denied a phone call, placed in a cell at the age of 16 years and denied access to her parents.

If the family make an official complaint I can see many heads in the firing line. Have they ever heard of PACE in Notts?

Heads may roll if it is true but the style and sensationalist way that the story is written is....well the words of a person more acquainted in writing a novel. The words describing the incident are inflammatory in themselves, I will call the Mail not the gutter press but the sewer press!

There may be some truth in it but for the custody staff , arresting officer, and all those involved to go completely against PACE is verging on the unbelievable. The arrest at school may have been thought necessary at the time, we just don't know.

I did say "If half of this is true"  There appears to be the distinct lack of an adult in the whole process of arresting a juvenile at school.

Guys...Really? I just read the headline. Officers like us...entered a class room and dragged....(either she was resisting or we took her so fast she couldn't stay on her feet) this juvenile off. We then kept her incommunicado all day. So before I go any further than that....The arresting officers the custody officer and the duty Inspector were all up for a bit of in school child brutality denial of rights and false imprisonment. So evil and nasty were these officers that they would throw their careers away for the evil momentary pleasure of torturing this innocent 16 year old schoolgirl.... When did they plan this? Why was destroying her life so much more satisfying than all the other children these officers could have chosen over the years? I call bull5#!t.

This is the DM for Gods sake - if they accidentally printed a true fact the editor would have the edition recalled before anyone read it and started to take the DM seriously. All that can be said for the DM is its soft strong, absorbent and the ink doesn't come off on your backside.....

• Like 1

HMS I did point out the it was the Daily Mail, and also said that even if just half of it was true they were in the mire.

I find it hard to believe as just about every rule in the book appears to have been ignored and broken.

True or not the damage has been done. The press are or think they are totally bomb proof. When the result is known of what actually happened and if they got the story fable fairy tale sorry, pack of lies wrong, will somone please make a complaint to the press complaints, or whatever passes these days for their regulatory body. I am sure the results will not be widely publicised. Unless of course the outcome is to castigate the service even more.

The story of bullying I am afraid is only too probable. Even if the previous complaint had been found to be groundless, young kids are very computer literate and probably just as competant to hiding their tracks. I know this from the work that my 7 year old grandaughter can do - leaves me or her father standing. This girl is over twice that age.