Sign in to follow this  
Zulu 22

All Lives Matter.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/black-lives-matter-protesters-gather-in-whitechapel-on-day-of-nationwide-shutdown-a3313356.html

I some times wonder and despair at the motivation of some groups. This stems from groups and actions in the USA and nothing to do with us.  They are trying to highlight the deaths of Black people at the hands of the Police. It has been timed to coincide with the death of Mark Duggan, a case which has been to an inquest. with jury, who found the death was lawful.

In the case of Gunner Lee Rigby has was stabbed to death by two black radicalised men.  Armed Police attended with weapons and yet nobody offender was killed. If ever there was a case that could have ended in death of the assailant, perhaps, that was it.

I am more concerned that All Lives Matter.  It does not matter if you are White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Pink or what ever.  Every person has a right to life, but if you move in circles where a gun is a status symbol or something to be carried then you are playing with fire and it will end in death. It is more likely that those responsible will be from your own walk of life.

Perhaps they should be more concerned and devote their attentions to the Black on Black deaths by knife and Gun crime in the capital and other parts of the country.

I am sick and tired of the Police being ridiculed and held up as the villains. When will someone in authority stand up and publicly say it how it is and stop apologising for lawful actions by ARO's.

Perhaps I should take a blood pressure tablet.

• Like 7

Although this is from the Daily Mail it seems to carry more details of the events. What is very interesting are the Comments on the article where there is not much sympathy or support for the protesters.  Oh and in my previous post please read AFO's for ARO's I hit the wrong key. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725050/Black-lives-matter-protesters-block-road-Heathrow-airport.html

There was a discussion on R4 yesterday where the rep for the protest had a hard time from the interviewer and representative of a black community/group. It was pointed out that this was jumping on the USA issue bandwagon that doesn't apply over here, to which the protester had no real response other than 'general racism in this country'.

The other black guy pointed out that it was five years since a black person had been killed by British police but in that time 19 young black men had been killed - by other young black men in knife attacks so that's where the effort should be in getting people to respect black lives.

• Like 3

Anything to get publicity. The lives of hundreds, possibly thousands, disrupted yesterday with the inane and pointless protests where roads were blocked. Both the posts before this hit the nail on the head (Got to be a first!). Those involved need to be made to conform without disrupting the lives of others.

My view is there is a certain amount of confusion, possibly deliberate, was being made/used between deaths of black people and stop and search tactics. Totally seperate and individual situations and must not be confused. In the worst scenario, had this not been such small series of incidents we could have seen a re-run of the 2011 riots. There are some who would jump on the bandwagon just to go looting and generally causing mahem.

We only have to look back a few days with the murder of the tourist in London by a Norwegian citizen of Somalian heritage. Irrespective of where he came from because he was black, if he had been shot and killed, just imagine the uproar that would have caused.

Thank goodness for the Taser!

Black lives are no more important than the lives of any other person irrespective of their skin pigmentation or lack of pigmentation! It is these very protesters, who are pursuing an issue in USA and failing to focus on the black-on-black deaths in UK, who generate feelings of anger against black people. The right to protest is a cherished British privilege, acquired over many years, but I seem to recall that sec 121 Highways Act made it an offence to willfully obstruct the free passage of the highway. Now, I imagine the Highways Act has been replaced by later legislation but, surely, the right of people to pass without obstruction along the Queen's highway has not been removed? being simplistic, if the right of free passage still exists, i hope ALL the individuals involved in obstructing the various highways have been arrested and will be dealt with. OK, numbers may make it impractical but at some stage, a stand has to be taken and those people who commit these offences need to be made an example as a signal to others that such civil disturbance is not acceptable. Ironically, if this sort of incident occurred in my neck of the woods, the Police would very quickly clear those causing an obstruction and they might not be too gentle in the process.

This campaign seems just another example of a small group of trouble-makers seeking to cause problems. They need to be identified and dealt with accordingly. 

• Like 1

Black Lives Matter protesters intent on causing chaos in London blocked in a Waitrose lorry as they chanted 'hands up, don't shoot' at police officers - who were not carrying guns. 

My son was on the periphery of the incident at Heathrow where he works as a department head.  According to him, these protesters did themselves and their cause no good at all, with almost every person going in and out of the airport, whatever their colour or creed, condeming their actions.  Doesn't take much of a brain to work out your cause won't get much support by making people miss their holiday flights.      

BTW any condemnation for the murderers of the black teenager at the weekend in London, or indeed any comments from BLM about the murder, or do they reserve their comments for other matters?

BTW any condemnation for the murderers of the black teenager at the weekend in London, or indeed any comments from BLM about the murder, or do they reserve their comments for other matters?

You can't have a level playing field, that would not be cricket. A black thug is a thug, just the same as a white thug is a thug.

The problem is all realistic dialogue is suppressed because speaking the truth is a racist thought crime. We've been dancing around the stop search issue and the black violence issue for years because everyone is afraid to tell the truth. The truth is we aren't institutionally racist. When we go out at night and stop people we actually aren't passing lots of sus white people so we can focus on the black.

The fact that more black people are sent to prison is not a matter of racism- to accredit this to the police when the actual agencies that do this are the CPS and judicial courts weighing facts arbitrated by juries representational of the people....Or is it they are racist too?

And yet conviction of black people is racist???

Year on year in the USA and UK black on black violence is a huge issue. White people are not involved. Regardless of how its come about, the elephant in the room is that there is a serious cultural leaning toward crime amongst young black people. The gang problems are escalating and every effort to Police it is met with squawks of racism. It is left wing lunatic policy fruit and we deserve all we got for buying into it. Just as the same diversity agenda destroys standards in our fitness tests and recruitment and creates an ineffective Police Force. And I hesitate to write this because I know many will brand me racist/sexist whatever for saying so...and that's the ultimate sin isn't it?

We have a major communication problem in the UK. We have put equality and diversity above everything- above truth, above justice and law and above ethics. It has become an abomination.

Edited by HMService
  • Like 4

I agree with all your comments. Diversity, racism and sexism have become taboo subjects where the truth is not allowed. One of the other injustices is prison sentences for women. Before a woman gets a Prison sentence it has to be an extremely serious offence.

• Like 1