Sign in to follow this  
ne0beatsm0rp

Special Constable Recruitment?

Hi everyone  :thumbup3:

Basically i have applied to the special constabulary in merseyside, now what it is, is that over 10 years ago i had a few arrests, basically 1 was for drink drive which i was banned for 18 months with no points on licence and twice was arrested for drunk and disorderly.

I have put on the application the arrests so been honest.

But what im wondering is, I have read a few places anything within 5 years they say no straight away to on application for the likes of drink drive convictions, then other places 10 years.

Has anyone who has got into the police had convictions like the above from 10 years plus ago and got in?

Cheers

Brian

Hi Brian.

You've done the right thing by being upfront about the convictions and hopefully you'll get a chance to talk about them in person during an interview and maybe to say what you've learnt from your aberrations. I don't however have an answer to your main question.

I used to recruit specials ( 8 years ago) not in Merseyside.I found that it was never an exact science and different recruiters had different ideas and ( at that time) it was often down to our discretion.18 month ban for drink drive suggests a high reading i.e not  a 12 month ban and 2 drunk and disorderlies.This to me would suggest alcohol issues and I would have erred on the side of caution in my recomendations to recruit.This is just my opinion and you will have to wait and see what your force thinks so as above I cant answer your question.

Sign in to follow this