Sign in to follow this  
BIkerider

North Yorks Officer sacked

I have only a little bit of info on this, but an officer was seen  wearing a wooly hat with the slogan '! love weed' on it. He was complained about and I assumeafter the normal inquest he was sacked. Yes he was a bit stupid, no actually very stupid. I don't think for one minute he really believed in what was stated on the hat, but this hardly warrant dismissal.

He removed a CV (I think) and wrote something 'humourous'/inappropriate on it..........

So, from what I've read, he removed some A4 paper and, after writing on it, destroyed it.  It might only be paper, but it's property and you can't go taking stuff, defacing it and/or destroying it for no reason.  It's either evidence, or it's not...........and I think pretty much every copper knows that messing about with property will get you into trouble.....

But as for the hat......we can't be having outbreaks of humour and morale in police stations, that will never do.

I remember as a probie being told the 5 p's would get me sacked. Paperwork, police women, prostitutes, pocket books and last but not least property. Probably not politically correct in this day and age but I have to say it was good advice and still carries plenty of relevance - a bit like the Peelian principles. 

• Like 1

I remember as a probie being told the 5 p's would get me sacked. Paperwork, police women, prostitutes, pocket books and last but not least property. Probably not politically correct in this day and age but I have to say it was good advice and still carries plenty of relevance - a bit like the Peelian principles. 

A lot of sound advice isn't "politically correct in this day" but it's still very sound and should be passed on ;)

• Like 2