Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

Misconduct Hearings

I see Forces are publishing results of these hearings & past results for the last 5yrs, on their websites.

I know the system has changed as CCs do not chair it now. I have just looked at some results and there is a big difference in outcomes.

Misconduct Hearings this year 8 = 6 x final written warnings, 1 x dismissed & 1 x not proven.

Previous 4 yrs cases 26 = 17 x dismissed & 9 resigned before hearing.

What a difference, what does that say about the previous system!

Edited by Mark101

Another thing that I've noticed is that they are being given more publicity and are receiving a higher profile than they have in the past.  Hopefully this is a good thing as it shows transparency and that we are serious about dealing with misconduct at work, but I hope the system doesn't get used as an excuse to bash us either in the media or by the government.  I'm still not comfortable with them being held in public although I suppose that if we want to be seen as transparent then that is a price we have to pay.  The best thing form a PCs point of view is that independent chairmen seem to treat the 'suspect' with greater fairness than some previous police chairs.

• Like 1

I see Forces are publishing results of these hearings & past results for the last 5yrs, on their websites.

I know the system has changed as CCs do not chair it now. I have just looked at some results and there is a big difference in outcomes.

Misconduct Hearings this year 8 = 6 x final written warnings, 1 x dismissed & 1 x not proven.

Previous 4 yrs cases 26 = 17 x dismissed & 9 resigned before hearing.

What a difference, what does that say about the previous system!

Yep, an own goal no doubt by whoever it was that set it up to make it easier to bash officers and get rid of them. There was a recent article by the West Mids Chief (I believe it was) moaning that it's now harder to dispose of officers. Ha, ha, hardy ha.