MAGIC HAT

U.K. Bill of Rights to replace Human Rights Act

If we knew what may be contained in this mythical UK Bill of rights, then we may be able to make constructive comments. But until then...........

Just research the cost implications for forces. What would it mean for IT, literature, guidance and policy and relationships with minority groups and work to date on human rights and equality

Apart from your reply, denying that you are a Freeman, you have not given us any information about this mythical Bill of Rights to debate, or put your own ideas forward. We generally deal in facts, not an open ended question which appears to lead nowhere. Put something on the table or the topic may be closed.

Unsure why I was accused of being a freeman.

U.K. Bill of rights is actively being discussed in parliament and conservatives want to replace the human rights act with this new bill.

I was asking what others thought the impact on police expenditure would be if this came to pass.

Unsure why the hostility

It isn't hostility, it is caution we get a few odd questions asked.. For starters what are your views? Will it affect the Scottish Forces as well as England and Wales........?

It's just something I'm looking at just now. I'm unsure of the impact but feel work carried out by all forces on human rights to date might be affected and a change will mean significant expenditure for all forces re changes to IT systems, literature, policy and guidance etc

I was just wondering if others had any other views on its potential impact IF the Tories manage to push through.

I'm not exactly 100% sure that this wouldn't really be any more than a name change in reality. 

You could call it anything you like really, but it's still going to be largely based on the HRA. So I don't think that there's going to be too much to change.

I think it's more than that when I'm reading it. Some of it appears to be intentionally vague. It's does reduce rights of people in UK and those who are not born here. Also raises lots of issues with regards to Article 8 ECHR from my reading

MAGIC HAT,

Apologies if you felt offended at my suggestion that you were a Freeman on the land.   It was your initial post, which didn't really 'give' anything and was in the style of Freemen that have been here before.  I've had dealings with Freemen both here and professionally and the historical bill of rights features highly in their lives.  Anyway,  I haven't read this new proposed Bill of Rights, so I'll not comment further at this time.

The law changes all the time, entire Acts have changed 'Fraud Act, Sexual Offences Act etc..' We get a quick online lesson and crack on. This bill will probably have less impact on us than many others, it'll just present a new ethos that we will adopt and move on with. I haven't read it but the chances of it causing any sleepless nights are pretty slim