Whisper

Officer seriously injured.

Now, firstly I hope the injured officers all make a complete recovery and are able to deal with the psychological effects too......

Secondly.  Let's see the offender charged with attempt murder...............not GBH.....

• Like 2

Secondly.  Let's see the offender charged with attempt murder...............not GBH.....

What's the point? When it goes to court he'll probably be told that he's a very naughty boy and be made to promise not to do it again or he'll be sent directly to the naughty step and then to bed with no supper.

Cynical about the justice system?  :rolleyes:

I heard only a brief description of this on the car radio yesterday evening. Apparently the officer is suffering from a fractured skull (but is awake and speaking coherently which is a good sign.) Also, and I may have miss-hear this, but she has also lost the tip of 2-3 fingers, plus other less serious injuries.

It was alleged that the man was suffering from some sort of delusional attack, but again that isn't an excuse. 

I hope Mrs May and Winsor realise just what we face.

...Zulu, apart from paying lip service (and I haven't even heard that from any politician yet) do you honestly think they care...?

• Like 3

I think the chap who came to the assistance of officers is the bravest out of all of them. He was under no obligation to assist them and when all this is over he still has to live there and as we all know if you help the police on some estates your life will be made a misery. I hope he gets some official recognition. 

• Like 5

I do not know the character of this area of Sheffield. It may be that he will have to be rehoused as he is a neighbour of the assailant.

A brave man indeed to assist the female officer in these circumstances.

• Like 1

PC Lisa Bates suffered a fractured skull and broken leg, and lost a finger in the attack in Sheffield.

PC Bates was attacked as she responded to reports of a domestic incident in Plowright Close, Gleadless Valley, on Wednesday with a male officer, who was also injured.

Three other officers also suffered injuries during attempts to arrest a man at a nearby Co-op store using Tasers and batons.

………. bloody hell it must of been bad if a taser officer got injured. Reading the initial reports, it stated that only a female officer attended & was injured but now the news say a male officer initially responded as well. I wonder if that was two single crewed cars attended and arrived at different times. Hope all make a full recovery, a really shocking incident.

There are 1 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE