Sign in to follow this  
BIkerider

Always check your pockets

Oh Dear........The missing £35,000,000 lottery ticket may have turned up. A woman went to a newsagent where she apparently bought it. The ticket was bearing the winning numbers, but the date and barcode were illegible due to it having been left in a pair of jeans and then washed. 

Cynicism.......who me?

It is odd though that the bar code and date have become illegible and the numbers are legible!!! They all went in the same wash.... didn't they? I wonder if  a detailed forensic exam would be able to find anything more? How about if the holder of the ticket agrees to pay for the forensic tests if the bar code and date is found to be correct and the lottery company pay for it if it is found to be a fiddle? That way there is no great loss to anyone and it would stop shouts of cover up.

Just did a test if you fold ticket in half both the bar code and date come together on opposite sides of the ticket.

I suppose it's possible the ticket was spoiled in this way, it will be interesting to see how this pans out, if the claimant is genuine, I hope the evidence proves she is the rightful winner, otherwise she will be either in jail for fraud or forever blaming herself for what could have been.

Should be easy to validate, if the ticket was bought where Camelot KNOW it was, they can check the time and CCTV, which I'm sure is exactly what is taking the time ;)

Should be easy to validate, if the ticket was bought where Camelot KNOW it was, they can check the time and CCTV, which I'm sure is exactly what is taking the time ;)

But that is no guarantee that the person who presented it was the rightful owner of the ticket. As for CCTV  is every lottery ticket machine equipped with a camera? - I don't know. I think for the amount of money at stake, they will be ultra careful and ultra ultra sure that they have the right winner.

As for going though a washing machine, many many years ago I washed a pair of jeans with £200 worth of travelers cheques in the back pocket. Even my handwritten signature was legible afterwards and they were accepted as they were at a bank, with no questions.

there are headlines on the Express this morning with a warning apparently by the lottery organisers that fraudulent attempts will be passed over to the police and the person may be liable for stiff prison sentences.

• Like 2

There was a bit more in the Daily Wail than this. The female has been in court a number of times for non payment of fines, (x6) the actual offences were not disclosed. Plus one other for not disclosing the name of a driver. She also users a plthora of names, Her maiden name, two married surnames, plus the English and German variations of her Christian name... Susanne and Sanne.

No police investigation is currently under way

Looking at the photograph in the paper, a 48 yr old grandmother dressed like a 17 yr old slapper out on the town on a Friday night, just inspires the belief of honesty....or ....possibly not....... :thumbdown:

Edited by BIkerider
  • Like 2

There are 19 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this