Sign in to follow this  
OldAfricaHand

The Yorkshire Ripper

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3340330/Yorkshire-Ripper-set-transfer-ordinary-prison-Killer-deemed-no-longer-mentally-ill-31-years-Broadmoor.html

If this story is to be believed, this abomination will soon be released from Broadmoor into a normal prison but, apparently, he isn't happy because he will lose his Freeview TV and DVD player - items that, I guess, quite few pensioners in strained financial circumstances might like to have!

I assume he will be cossetted if he is transferred as he might just become a target for some prisoner who isn't a sexually-depraved murderer - perhaps he can share a cell (maybe only for a little while) with the infamous Charles Bronson.  

I still cannot believe that a society in its right mind will let this sort of murdering scum, live in comfort - if they cannot be executed, they should be locked up in solitary and they can deal with that instead of having comforts and facilities that make their life much easier! :angry:  :angry: :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

He is manipulative enough to stage a mental breakdown and fool the doctors, again. He is frightened to death of being in a place where he will be the under dog and vulnerable. Such a pity that he did not feel that way when he was committing his murders against vulnerable women.  Now it is his time to feel vulnerable. In his last prison location he lost an eye, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

He is manipulative enough to stage a mental breakdown and fool the doctors, again. He is frightened to death of being in a place where he will be the under dog and vulnerable. Such a pity that he did not feel that way when he was committing his murders against vulnerable women.  Now it is his time to feel vulnerable. In his last prison location he lost an eye, if I remember correctly.

Do you know him personally?

I find this utterly fascinating. 

I was taught that schizophrenia can not be cured and can only be managed with consistent heavy duty medication.

However, the media are reporting that psychiatrists have deemed him no longer mentally ill.

The former Head of the Dangerous Severe Personality Unit at Broadmoor thinks Sutcliffe is being kept at Broadmoor because he is famous.

Again, Personality Disorders are not curable, under a few circumstances, they can be managed.  But only with the consent of the individual.

I find it difficult to believe that any psychiatrist would put their licence on the line by deeming Sutcliffe mentally fit. 

There has to be more to this than has been reported.

Do you know him personally?

No, but my old fella did, and being from a Police family we discussed him a lot.  He also worked on  the Moors murders and met Brady and Hindley.

Of those three he believed that Hindley was the worst.

Some claimed that Sutcliffe was conning the psychiatrists all the time to get a cushier time in Broadmore,  than do the hard time.  Wakefield would suit him very well.

I find it difficult to believe that any psychiatrist would put t

• Like 1

No, but my old fella did, and being from a Police family we discussed him a lot.  He also worked on  the Moors murders and met Brady and Hindley.

Of those three he believed that Hindley was the worst.

Some claimed that Sutcliffe was conning the psychiatrists all the time to get a cushier time in Broadmore,  than do the hard time.  Wakefield would suit him very well.

I find it difficult to believe that any psychiatrist would put t

Bet your dad could write a fascinating book. Knowing those 3 would affect you, and not in a good way? How did he handle it, if I may ask? 

Bet your dad could write a fascinating book. Knowing those 3 would affect you, and not in a good way? How did he handle it, if I may ask?

I don't know how he did it, but they just did in those days. We always knew when something extraordinary had happened as he just wanted to sit, silently with his paper and reflect. He was a fantastic copper and I was very proud of him. I was always amazed that he did not get promoted as far as me.

He had a fantastic sense of humour and made sure that he came over to my nick, in uniform, just to call me Sir.

I have his old staff, and the old Hiatt bar cuffs which were at one time worn by Brady.

I don't know how he did it, but they just did in those days. We always knew when something extraordinary had happened as he just wanted to sit, silently with his paper and reflect. He was a fantastic copper and I was very proud of him. I was always amazed that he did not get promoted as far as me.

He had a fantastic sense of humour and made sure that he came over to my nick, in uniform, just to call me Sir.

I have his old staff, and the old Hiatt bar cuffs which were at one time worn by Brady.

Slightly off topic but It's great to have mementoes of one's police ancestors and to be able to trace their histories where police records survive.

I'm sure you will treasure what you have and pass them on down the family.

• Like 2