Sign in to follow this  
yeomanterry

No Cut In Police Budget

Even though I have retired now, i'm very pleased that this announcement has been made for those still in the job. Having said that, I still wouldn't trust Ms. May as far as I could throw her.

I had to close this down and reopen it because I thought I must have miss-read it. Small mercies.

Let us hope that Malfoy doesn't find an alternate use for the money.

Well, it's what I have been saying for ages on this forum. Get the public finances in order ( deficit to be eliminated by 2019/20) and get the economy on a stronger footing and then the budgets on the public services will be safer.

Well done Chancellor. A masterpiece in one stroke!.

Its positive news .

However, after five years of  trimming  - Osbornes words "No Police cuts"  should have been "No more Police cuts"

It has taken the atrocity in Paris to get this change of policy, let's not forget about that.

Really? You think that a carefully detailed budget plan, tweaked for months, is suddenly going to change massively right at the last minute?

Hmmm, I'm not so sure.

I am pleased with the outcome but believe it was a cynical move on an industrial scale by HMG. They were well aware of the grief they were causing to the police  but made jolly sure these public service rogues and waistrels were whipped into place by Jove!  

Totally agree Cheese. As I have said on the CS thread this has been planned all along. It's a political masterstroke. Paris was no more than a convenient smoke screen.

There are 23 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this