Sign in to follow this  
yeomanterry

Different rules in each force area

New to the forum and reading this part of the forum it seems there are different interpretations to the same rules. So if I drive from Northumberland to Hampshire I can be quite ok in  one force but can end up being charged within another. 

Any thoughts, being a car owner and driver as to what to do and what is going on?

Best advice is not to break the law in any force area!

Obviously the law is the same wherever you travel in England and Wales, the only thing that is likely to differ is the mood and discretion of the officer dealing with you ;)

Polite and courteous at all times, except once. In Dress Uniform returning from a military do where I had been the honour guard on the door, still in uniform, 11:45 PM 1981 remember I am ex NI vet, followed by 2 men at very close range in a white van no markings on front with headlights on main beam. Slowed for them to pass me so I could see who they were. they slowed too,  so I set off fast to get to a police station. Stopped eventually by a Traffic car as they forced me over, they came from nowhere, I was fuming as I realised they were police also, it was 2 specials , thankfully the Sgt in the traffic car was very good, listened to what I had to say  and calmed everything down, he wouldn't let me go to the van. He gave an excuse of checking in the boot and then as I returned to my car to drive off he was giving the two in the van the biggest dressing down I have ever heard.

It is as you say, how each force reacts, and as I tell others if someone treats you badly or with comments badly at your work how would you react. so i treat other as I expect to be treated the military taught me that.