Sign in to follow this  
coops1964

Paris Attack

My thoughts go out to the families of those lost tonight. Absolutely devastating news. I followed on Twitter and couldnt keep up with the information coming in, it was that fast. 

God forbid if it ever happened here in England when our caring home secretary is cutting Police numbers. 

• Like 5

Horrendous night in Paris, thoughts are with all those involved.

Should anything like this happen in the uk we will be screwed, particularly with the massive reduction in officers and may now talking about reducing firearms units...wtf are they thinking ?

More evidence for arming those at the front line imo.

The French assaulted the concert room within an hour, and had armed teams at all other areas...and still many were killed and injured..think we could do similar?

Edited by 2todo

And look who they have got camped only 20 miles from UK.

Perhaps the coffee smell was strong and they have woken up at last.

• Like 1

And look who they have got camped only 20 miles from UK.

Perhaps the coffee smell was strong and they have woken up at last.

Apparently, the camp was engulfed in flames in the early hours of the morning - no reports of any deaths or injuries.

• Like 1

It was announced on the news from Paris that one of the terrorists has been identified as being a refugee who was registered in Greece in October 2015.

Devastating news, shocked me when I heard - could have been here. My heart goes out to the poor people caught in the line of fire and their poor friends and family who will have to try and learn to live with this.

The most upsetting thing for me is that this will be a distant memory in a few months time.

When I think back this year - the Tunisia beach massacre, Charlie Hebdo incident, im sorry to say they had disappeared to the back of my mind until this happened.

Its becoming a regular thing.

• Like 1

For me the worst thing is the aftermath where there were so many killed and injured they were taken to hospitals all over the city and the relatives cannot find out where they are. The injured it is thought  to be around 800!!! (no one can give an accurate figure)

The absolute excruciating anguish these people will be enduring, just cannot be described.

• Like 4

At least we can sleep safe in the UK, Theresa's promised more police on the streets, where the f@£k does she think they're coming from? I've also read that UK police have been trained & preparing for an attack since the Mumbai massacre. If they mean the training where we try to shout a certain phrase over the radio just before we get shot, oh yeah I'm all over it!

Thoughts however to all those effected by the terrorist atrocities of the last few days & beyond.

• Like 4

At least we can sleep safe in the UK, Theresa's promised more police on the streets, where the f@£k does she think they're coming from? I've also read that UK police have been trained & preparing for an attack since the Mumbai massacre. If they mean the training where we try to shout a certain phrase over the radio just before we get shot, oh yeah I'm all over it!

Thoughts however to all those effected by the terrorist atrocities of the last few days & beyond.

May on the TV today claims the police are all trained up and ready. She failed to mention her plans to cut back on Firearms officers across the board and those that remain will have to travel much further to get to a scene. Will she give up her own personal guard so they can concentrate on protecting the rest of us.

• Like 3

It's no secret that AFOs have been training for this since Mumbai.  I'm not going to go into why this training is different from 'normal' firearms training.

But AFO numbers are reducing, so when the s**t hits the fan, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going to happen.  Or rather, not happen.

Practically all French coppers are armed.  Not many of us are............

How has this sort of attack not happened here yet?

Should we have a Paris/Mumbai style attack in one of our major cities, I have to say with the best will in the world our officers may have the training but the numbers able to respond would be nothing like the troops and medics we saw in Paris, unless there are special forces boxed up and ready to be deployed at a moments notice to boost feet on the ground, my gut feeling is we would be winging it, and that causes me great concern.

Sadly such an event would be the publics wake up call to this governments inadequacies and expose the rhetoric that spouts freely from those who say more with less, yet have been given the ultimate mandate to protect it's citizens.

There are 43 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this