Sign in to follow this  
PoliceUK

Resettlement Courses

Resettlement Courses

'Resettlement' or 'Pre-retirement' courses are run by virtually every Force in the UK. Content and administrative set-ups vary but the better ones can form an extremely useful part of preparation for retirement.

In many Forces the courses are modular with each candidate having the option to choose a certain number of modules. These might be on issues such as finance, seeking employment, writing a cv, the psychology of retirement etc. It is worth considering the modules in the light of what you propose to do after retirement. This will help get them in right order, as one might have an impact on another.

Some aspects of preparation for retirement are best addressed several years before your leaving date. Certain aspects of finance, including the possibility of re-mortgaging and tax planning measures are a case in point. So is focussing on the type of employment you might be seeking when you leave. The last few years in the Job are a good time to brush up on relevant skills and take steps to fill in any 'holes' in your cv. This is difficult to do if it is left too late.

All Force HR departments should have details of courses and entitlements.

Jobs Oracle is the leading on-line jobs portal for UK personnel with police, military and associated skills. To visit Jobs Oracle click here

Jobs Oracle Banner

administrator38587.3996064815

I have just been on my 2.5 day course, I have to say its the best course I have ever been on for being informative, highly recommended